Sand cleaners for Lion Tank

wonderphil-reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
133
Reaction score
88
Location
Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am trying to find something that I put in my tank with 3 or 4 lions that will help keep the sand clean. I had a rather large Gobel and the lions left him alone for about two weeks before he disappeared :(

So I wanted to see what others are doing?
 
I no longer have the tank, but I kept Tiger Conchs in my predator tank and they do a pretty good job of cleaning the sand. Not as exciting as a fish that does it but they are tough and get it done. I had two Volitan Lions and a big 2 foot snowflake eel in the tank for several years with just Conchs and big Turbo snails and it stayed pretty clean with an occasional vaccuming.
 
Upvote 0
Any hard bodied inverts like a conch, snails, sand sifting star, urchins(not sand sifting but another good cuc).
 
Upvote 0
My blueline trigger has my sand looking cleaner then ever. Constantly blowing the sand out looking for food
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new