Sand media reactor

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
480
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to thinking. I have some left over sand from an older tank long gone, pump, and brs media reactor. I could put some sand in the reactor to aid in filtration. Tanks of old used fluidized beds, swimming pools, and such.Is there any reason NOT to do this? Have others tried this? Successful? Or end in failure? Thanks in advance!
 
I'm new to saltwater, but going by pool filtration and what I've seen on google doing research for my own tank, i don't see any problem with doing it, shouldn't hurt, but like I said, I'm new and never experimented with it
 
Thanks for the reply! I've been some Googling as well. I haven't come up with anything definitive. So I may give it a go. I was hoping others have tried it on their reefs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new