Sand problem

Amanda 234

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2024
Messages
68
Reaction score
20
Location
Carmarthen wales
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can anyone help I need a sand cleaner to help me with my sand I have tried all sorts of electric cleaners and they don’t work I’m doing it by hand at the moment and all my sand is disappearing please help thank you

IMG_0247.jpeg IMG_0249.jpeg
 
Hi can anyone help I need a sand cleaner to help me with my sand I have tried all sorts of electric cleaners and they don’t work I’m doing it by hand at the moment and all my sand is disappearing please help thank you

IMG_0247.jpeg IMG_0249.jpeg
It seems you have cyanobacteria and maybe dinoflagellate growth which you are trying to remedy by vacuuming it from the sand surface. Correct? If so, your thread title might not be catching the attention of the appropriate forum members.
 
Lights go on at 7am and goes off at 7pm nutrients are a bit high but putting remover in for them
 
What are your parameters? How old is your tank? How is the flow across the sand?
 
Lights go on at 7am and goes off at 7pm nutrients are a bit high but putting remover in for them
I wouldn't use any "removers" for nutrients, just do a water change to bring them down.

Can you post your levels and your tank size please?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new