Sand sifting fish shoaling fish ID

mattybecks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2019
Messages
338
Reaction score
397
Location
Dubai, UAE
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
I was hoping to get an ID on these fish that are always at the beach here so I can research more on them.
I can say they behave very much like the Geophagus genus of freshwater fish. Loving it when you disturb the sand for them to sift through.
The water is always saturated with them. Not sure if you can see in the last video but there are hundreds just beyond where we are swimming.


 
They look like young seabream but I don't know a species name. Could be the Arabian pinfish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new