Sand Sifting Starfish - Diminished Activity levels

Neuratox

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
244
Reaction score
232
Location
Clemmons, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on a situation for me. I've got 2 sand sifting starfish in my 90 gallon and I've had them for about 5-6 months. Over the last two months I've noticed that they are a lot less active. They certainly move from one to place to another, but they aren't climbing all over the glass on a constant basis like they once did. I'm not sure if it is a bad/good/neutral sign that they spend virtually all of their time in the sand... *contemplates their name* Any input on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
 
Be thankful that you got 5 months out of them... very few survive long term and they really should not be kept in hobbiest tanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new