Sandbed and Spagetti worms

Saisori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the best method to get my sandbed cleaned and all the tubes from spagetti worms broken down? It seems I might have a small outbreak of these worms and their tubes keep coming up to the top of the sand after a waterchange and sand siphon.

This is a 10g cube
I have a few turbos and nassarius snails.
sandbed.jpg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they said. But if it really bugs you, just siphon out some of the sand in the front leaving the sand to the sides and around the aquascaping alone. Using your hand break up the sand you siphoned out. Rinse a couple times with old aquarium water to flush out yhe detritus and keep all the beneficial stuff alive and return to the tank.

Probably easiest way to rinse the sand is to use a cup and dump it into a bucket of awuarium water.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back