Sandbed in fuge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kozmo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kozmo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to know what peoples preferences are in regards to deep sandbeds in small refugiums. Specifically for a uln system with mostly sps. I have a 75 gal with 10 gal refugium with chaeto and with a 3" sandbed. Its been running for well over 1 year and I am wondering weather or not its helping or hurting my system. Does anyone disagree with using a dsb in my refuge? Should I just grow chaeto there?

Keith
 
Is this a bacterial driven system? If so I would advise against using a DSB or a refugium.

Personally I do not run DSB (bacterial driven or not) and I would also not recommend adding a DSB into refugium. I like to "tumble" chaeto when possible in the refugium for optimal growth/nutrient export.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new