Sandstorm safe coral list?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2015
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
6,327
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to compile a list of sand or bottom dwelling corals or sessile inverts that can tolerate and thrive living in systems with sand sifting gobies. Please let us know what corals and inverts you have that don’t need constant attention with the Turkey blaster.

Fungía plates - they can move around the tank and they can easily shed sand that is dropped on them.

Rock flower anemones - they can move and also shed off sand.

what else do you guys have? Those are the only two I know of lol.
F563A604-04C9-464E-B166-7F5B0C0315F7.jpeg
 
I'm following because I'm new to the hobby and have some sandy areas that I would like to put something. I don't have sand sifting gobies but I have a pistol shrimp that likes to throw sand everywhere. It's only a 5g so the sand gets tossed a fair distance by my pistol. :-)
 
Mushrooms, they can also inflate and move
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new