OP
OP
Sangheili

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice growth shots and thanks for the light xml. It helped me get my head wrapped around doing my own program .
Any difference between a TCK and the UC pikachu ?

I have not had the TCK so I can't say for certain. I will say that UC photos are generally a bit more representative. I lost my TCK Goldrush frag, its the only coral I've lost in my display lol

OP
OP
Sangheili

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics update!

EPOCKcE.jpg

6ob7v8r.jpg

fwUJWjT.jpg

zUVb2i9.jpg

1Zssr9G.jpg

WWC Little Red Ferrari
mPUPAzj.jpg

Pink Lemonade
DID7Jsp.jpg

JF Fox Flame
75b06jT.jpg

UC Pikachu (Lost some color from a phos spike, also still adjusting to light)
A8SLLtE.jpg

UC Pink Bali Shortcake
7VlHv8N.jpg

SSC
4JqS7wU.jpg

Pearlberry
F7tNQE9.jpg

UC Blue Vermiculata
wCMJUBU.jpg

Green Slimer
98DDN92.jpg

Wild Aussie Stag
r3ayBmu.jpg

Unknown but awesome
SdT9jFC.jpg

k8VcCRi.jpg

Suharsonoi
GIeJvoP.jpg

Sunset Milli
szwd5KS.jpg

Red Dragon
VXCbusg.jpg

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that UC bali shortcake is AMAZING! nice work and beautiful corals. whenever you feeling like doing some snipping put me on the list ;)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you're killing it in the growth and coloration department.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot one!

dcYHYxx.jpg

After seeing this pic I don't feel so bad . My fox flame came out of qt under leds then to my DT with t5's and it still looks rough .
It seems to be encrusting and has the greenish yellow polyps on the base . It lost the yellow tips too. Thanks for showing this as it gives me some encouragement . Nice 6 month growth shots ..

OP
OP
Sangheili

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing this pic I don't feel so bad . My fox flame came out of qt under leds then to my DT with t5's and it still looks rough .
It seems to be encrusting and has the greenish yellow polyps on the base . It lost the yellow tips too. Thanks for showing this as it gives me some encouragement . Nice 6 month growth shots ..

My piece was probably the smallest frag I've ever seen lol. If you remove all of the encrusting growth from the first pic, thats the size it was when I got it. It quickly lost color and was brown for months until now. Despite the tiny size, it has been a pretty fast grower.

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more detailed pics of the refugium and an updated pic of the sump setup.

i1kDWmd.jpg

rrqpKm2.jpg

tfyouNk.jpg

dOikV7Q.jpg
so i have the cad lights 50 long (36") and i want to convert to triton within the next couple months with your exact sump design in mind. if i had the space i would do a designated refugium like yours and fed it into the sump but my current apartment is too small. i have 3 questions for you if you could help

1. is that a vertex omega in the picture? i have the omega 130 and im not sure if it fits sideways (like picture) in a 20 long.

2. i see you put 3 baffels before the return section. do you think this is a better design than the recommend 1 baffel? any advice after building your sump?

3. do you think a refugium like the one in your first compartment would be efficient enough for a 50gal?

last but not least!!!!! any updates on the tank ?!?

OP
OP
Sangheili

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. is that a vertex omega in the picture? i have the omega 130 and im not sure if it fits sideways (like picture) in a 20 long.

2. i see you put 3 baffels before the return section. do you think this is a better design than the recommend 1 baffel? any advice after building your sump?

3. do you think a refugium like the one in your first compartment would be efficient enough for a 50gal?

last but not least!!!!! any updates on the tank ?!?

1) Yep, Omega 150. I have a 40b sump so not sure on the 20 long.

2) More baffles traps microbubbles better, but to be honest very very few bubbles make it out of this skimmer so 1 baffle is probably fine. Having 2+ baffles allows you to make a taller one for mounting probes like I did.

3) That was originally designed to be a refugium but I later added the 20 long. You really need 10-30% of your display volume as a refuigium for it to be worthwhile. The bigger the better.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see an update of this tank.

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! Nice set up!

How do you like your Powermodule fixture? I'm thinking about ordering the 4 lamp version as well. The area my coral are in is about 18" from front to back and about 18" from the sand bed to the top of the water. You think the 4 lamp hybrid would be enough?

Also what bulb combination are you using?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back