Sanity check

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright here goes....

I have a mixed reef with a mix of SPS, Euphyllia, scolys, and Acans.

I have in the past (15 years ago)housed a Interruptis Angel with minimal nipping at corals. I have an opportunity to pick one up now at about 3” and really would like to try but am concerned my scolys, etc.... will make a great snack. I am in a position that I can feed frequently and nutritionally.
Thoughts?? Am I crazy?? Better half thinks so..

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a gamble. Personally I would not. Considering the stress and pain of nabbing that Angel if it decides to go to the Darkside. Not worth it IMO.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what will you want to keep more, the coral or the fish, if its the fish then send it and deal with the potential nipping, if its the coral then skip the expensive and delicate fish.

OP
OP
rmay6850

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..........

Let the “I told you so” begin. I just placed the order, will be here tomorrow hopefully. Just made a batch of fresh food, I will try to keep his appetite focused on that.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, might as well live life to the fullest. After all it’s Christmas season, time of forgiveness, and Black Friday “you would not believe what good of a deal I got” Merry reefing!
PS reminds me that I may have bought something at the online fish store that may be delivered soon, but I forgot to confess, too.

OP
OP
rmay6850

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She actually talked me into it, so that may be of some help.

Back