SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

Thanks. Yes, I actually own a Par Meter ... new in the box for 3 years now ;)

My friend Justin has already volunteered to come over and help me measure the Par on this fixture and work with the bulb configuration. I'll post the numbers on that thread when I have them.
 
Man oh man I can't help but ask... Sara what do you do for a living to get these $$$ pieces of equipment :P You make me drool as reefer on a teachers salary :)
 
Sara why didn't you go with leds for lights or try them out.

I guess I was an early adopter with a purchase of a PFO Solaris I-5 a few years ago. It was still in the box when I sold it shortly after PFO closed their doors. I guess I'm still not comfortable with the technology and cost. It keeps getting better as time goes on, so I'm going to wait a bit longer and wait for the market to weed itself out!
 
Man oh man I can't help but ask... Sara what do you do for a living to get these $$$ pieces of equipment :P You make me drool as reefer on a teachers salary :)

I do financial project management in the telecom industry...also have no kids so that helps alot ;)

Try and find yourself some well maintained used equipment and that will help you get some of the same items!
 
beautiful tank!
and i completely agree about leds
the technology is just growing way to fast to hunker down to any one unit, especially at their current costs
 
I know..more pics to come soon!

Forgot to mention I got notice today that my fixture shipped out of Toronto and is on its way!!!
 
Thanks ... you don't like my rockwork the way it is? Suggestions?

Yes, I like it how it is. I was joking because I like aquascaping and I'm done with my tank. Can't wait to see your tank grown in. Are you going to be keeping any/a lot of sps in this one? The wrasse all look great too.
 
Yes, I like it how it is. I was joking because I like aquascaping and I'm done with my tank. Can't wait to see your tank grown in. Are you going to be keeping any/a lot of sps in this one? The wrasse all look great too.


Okay, gotcha!

Yes, I plan on keeping a good amount of SPS in this tank. They are hard to see, but I do have 2 quite large acro's in there already (right front) and there's a setosa that moved in on liverock from my last tank. I also have 11 sps frags and 2 mini colonies in the frag tank waiting on the new lighting to arrive.

There's also a bunch of LPS that will be filling in the rest of the tank.
 
The tank is looking awesome Sara, cant wait to see some pics with the new lighting.
 
Hey Sara, nice tank! ;)

Just had a chance to go through your thread and it looks great! I really loved this tank and can't wait to have a similar sized one in the future.
 
Look what arrived today!!! It's Fragile ... makes me think of the movie The Christmas Story ... Look, it's Italian Fra-gi-le


SfiligoiBox.jpg


SfiligoiBox2.jpg


Too bad it's going to have to wait to get hung after vacation as I have yet to receive my light fixture holder/rack.
 
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my Sfiligoi fixture, you wont be dissapointed. Cant believe your gonna make us wait till after vacation.
 
awesome. congrats Sara. at least tell us nothing is broken inside so we can feel better. ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new