• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Satwaterfish.com reviews?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about making an order with this site but I'm reading mixed reviews on them. Does anyone have recent experience to share? I want a flame angel and they're giving one with the purchase of $150 or more including free shipping.

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of ordering and wanted to know what your issues were. I think we've all had issues one way or another with any online vendor but most reviews I've read about them have been very good.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a pintail fairy wrasse from them. Cheapest I'd ever seen one. Unfortunately, FedEx dubbed the package "suspicious"(FedEx's own words).. Even though it said saltwaterfish.com/live animals/and you could clearly hear the water in the box. It sat in Indianapolis for 2 days. Fish died within 12 hours. Not sure how much of that was shipping delays vs the red spot on side of her (uronema looking to me). Regardless, to my surprise, I was offered a refund and not just store credit.

That was my one and only order from them. While the doa could go either way, I was absolutely pleased with the customer service.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the problem, in my opinion, is not very many people post positive experiences online. Not just with aquarium related purchases, but in general. Google any company name and you'll see a barrage of negative feedback. How many hundreds or thousands of pleasant transactions aren't reported?

My experience with their customer service, given the circumstances, was pleasant

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a clean up crew, a yellow watchman , tiger pistol shrimp and shaving brush plants. That was probably 9 months ago and had no problems

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the problem, in my opinion, is not very many people post positive experiences online. Not just with aquarium related purchases, but in general. Google any company name and you'll see a barrage of negative feedback. How many hundreds or thousands of pleasant transactions aren't reported?

Bingo, you've gotta keep it in perspective. Only a handful of happy people run to the internet to tell everyone how happy they are, 5% of happy customers post reviews? maybe less? Meanwhile at least half of ticked off people run straight to the internet to complain. Personally I value every 1 positive review as equal to at least 3 negative reviews, and I'm pretty sure I'm low-balling it.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about not responding. I bought an pacific brown octopus from them. Before i actually ordered it i called them up and asked to clarify their description of 2-3 inches meaning mantle size or overall size they said mantle size so i ordered it. When i received it i could barely see him in the corner of the bag so i called them (when curled up he was the size of a penny) they said no the size was overall length of body. This was the same person that said it was mantle size so i told them i would not have ordered one so small so they said would look into and get back to me. After waiting a day with no response from them i called them back and after calling numerous times and being on hold forever they said they would give me a $15 dollar credit!!!! They have no clue what they are selling!!! And its almost impossible to reach them by phone. Thanks Tom

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back