Choice Idk GIF by BrownSugarApp
:) Hey Steve

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gone for a full week, mother in law dosing neo phos and nitrate every other day and feeding fish.

How bad is the tank gonna be when I get back on Friday. Dinos rampant is my guess.

Tank crash? Who wants to take bets
I'm gonna say dinos will be gone when you get back. Magic is real.
Magic Fingers Family GIF

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splam time bro sooner or later ill hopefully be on your level of splammage though lol hope sunday is treating you good bro thanks for all the help this last year....and with this recent frag build been an adventure for sure and i appreciate your help and knowledge getting it going

Attachments

• 20221204_151619.jpg
    20221204_151619.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221204_151612.jpg
    20221204_151612.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221204_151641.jpg
    20221204_151641.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 19

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the Three fish I was expecting today from Dr reef were received. Sigh.

Bag water at 1.020... this is Rediculous.

All the tangs hit the tank tonight.

Adding to the existing 3 yellow tangs will be

New:
Chocolate Tang
Convict

Existing:
Desjardini
Orange Shoulder
White Cheek
White Tail BT
Blonde Naso

Got Your Back Fight GIF by Notts County FC
Been waiting on our order from Dr Reefs for over a month now. Keeps telling me "We didn't ship your order today as some of the fish didn't want to eat so we didn't feel comfortable shipping them and will ship later." My response the next day was, "Are they eating yet??" No reply as of yet :confused:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting on our order from Dr Reefs for over a month now. Keeps telling me "We didn't ship your order today as some of the fish didn't want to eat so we didn't feel comfortable shipping them and will ship later." My response the next day was, "Are they eating yet??" No reply as of yet :confused:
Honestly, Mike Sucks at the running the business and communication with customers side of the business.

Fortunately/Unfortunately; It's big enough that he can't do it himself, and the help he previously brought in was no help at all.

The product is good and without a lot of alternatives. The Service surrounding it, is Rediculous in all seriousness.

Lack of upfront communication is the biggest one.

Customers should never receive a box, without being told beforehand that some fish weren't shipped.

Pre QT, we should never receive a bag at 1.020. there is only two reasons to do so. 1( hiding a parasite 2) saving money on salt. #2 should never be an option since he holds all "clean" fish in an observation system for a week after medication.

It takes a Full day to safely transition a fish from 1.020 to 1.025. I'll bet a lot of his warranty die offs come from this specifically.

You can't float and quick drip that kind of jump.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no way lol GIF by wolfmask

Meanwhile the fish....

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, Mike Sucks at the running the business and communication with customers side of the business.

Fortunately/Unfortunately; It's big enough that he can't do it himself, and the help he previously brought in was no help at all.

The product is good and without a lot of alternatives. The Service surrounding it, is Rediculous in all seriousness.

Lack of upfront communication is the biggest one.

Customers should never receive a box, without being told beforehand that some fish weren't shipped.

Pre QT, we should never receive a bag at 1.020. there is only two reasons to do so. 1( hiding a parasite 2) saving money on salt. #2 should never be an option since he holds all "clean" fish in an observation system for a week after medication.

It takes a Full day to safely transition a fish from 1.020 to 1.025. I'll bet a lot of his warranty die offs come from this specifically.

You can't float and quick drip that kind of jump.
My last shipment from him came in at 1.024 so I didnt have that issue but I completely agree, communication of any sort with him is horrible!

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird Sheets about...

The last few days, many LPS aren't opening to full potential. Tissue looks fine across the board but All of the torches are Maybe 1/3 inflated. Both Trachy's are shrivveley. None of the acans looking right. Hammers are inflated, but not looking right. Way too much neck.
PXL_20221206_004221679.jpg
PXL_20221206_004250266.jpg
PXL_20221206_004245850.jpg
PXL_20221206_004250266.jpg

No3: 13.7
Po4: .135 and lowering slowly with GFO
Alk is maintaining between 8.5 & 9 Dkh dosing by hand.

This is happening at high, medium, and lower light areas. Flow has not changed.

SPS are looking good. Softies and mushrooms are fine. Lots of LPS not affected..

The nasty algae which I believe are diatoms instead of dinos don't seem to be at all affecting the corals in question. I'm not doing much about it. Waiting for it to consume the silicates and hopefully die off.

There is only passive carbon in this system.

What am I not seeing/thinking about?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back