SBB - 275 Auctions up now + 80 WYSWYG Corals. Click now to Join!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same batch of coral? Looks much better algae wise for sure
Trying to find my before pic but it basically looked like the wd. There was some lettuce algae that remained on the frag immediately following the dip that is no longer there. I’ll pm more pics if you want.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find my before pic but it basically looked like the wd. There was some lettuce algae that remained on the frag immediately following the dip that is no longer there. I’ll pm more pics if you want.
All good. Main thing is it looks like it works with no problems for the acros.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good. Main thing is it looks like it works with no problems for the acros.
Not sure if you saw on the other thread but Derek recommended half strength if you know you’re targeting algae.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's our ultra indo gold torch we got Nov '22 until last week. I'd say it grew a little bit from the single head we received from @SBB Corals

Ray Harryhausen Odyssey GIF by Turner Classic Movies

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate spiked for the first time, somewhere between 10-25 from 1-5, im guessing from the interceptor killing off some filter feeders? Po4 still in range. Nothing seems upset.

evilexotica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL thats nothing im at 620 at tap lol . brings down to 7 to 14 which i burn off for 5 min and have to use triple di and im at 0ppm
So, back in 2009 I installed a tankless hot water heater. A year or so later, it wasn't functioning properly. Needed new flow sensor and check valve. Happened again the next year. Real pain in the butt to drain the system, replace, etc. Came to the realization my city water was filthy, clogging up the works. Decided to install a, (on the cheaper end), whole house water filter, "Big Blue". Have to replace the sediment filter quarterly and the carbon twice a year, but WoW what a difference with having to not change any RODI filters/Resin as often.

After seeing what gets filtered out of my so called clean city water. Would recommend adding to any and every house! Glad I'm not drinking or showering with it anymore!

1st Pic is new filter and sediment after 3 months. 2nd, whatever sludge that would normally come through the tap.
27190.jpeg
27193.jpeg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, back in 2009 I installed a tankless hot water heater. A year or so later, it wasn't functioning properly. Needed new flow sensor and check valve. Happened again the next year. Real pain in the butt to drain the system, replace, etc. Came to the realization my city water was filthy, clogging up the works. Decided to install a, (on the cheaper end), whole house water filter, "Big Blue". Have to replace the sediment filter quarterly and the carbon twice a year, but WoW what a difference with having to not change any RODI filters/Resin as often.

After seeing what gets filtered out of my so called clean city water. Would recommend adding to any and every house! Glad I'm not drinking or showering with it anymore!

1st Pic is new filter and sediment after 3 months. 2nd, whatever sludge that would normally come through the tap.
27190.jpeg
27193.jpeg
Wow...what was your tds

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

27190.jpeg
27193.jpeg
What did you install?

evilexotica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you install?
"Big Blue" 2 stage filter. 20" x 4" filters.
Changed out the blue housings to clear. If you can see the dates I've changed them. Sometimes water is cleaner than other times of the year. 2021 is when I switched to the clear housings. Hated relying on just the pressure gauges, prefer visual as well.

IMG_20240211_151623438.jpg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Big Blue" 2 stage filter. 20" x 4" filters.
Changed out the blue housings to clear. If you can see the dates I've changed them. Sometimes water is cleaner than other times of the year. 2021 is when I switched to the clear housings. Hated relying on just the pressure gauges, prefer visual as well.

IMG_20240211_151623438.jpg
You just set it up where the main comes in? Did it effect water pressure in the house?

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back