SBB - Pre Black Friday- 900 WYSWYG Corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this was with dosing both. So i stopped dosing seachem just to see how low it will drop just doing FWS. I get my new ICP this coming week so it will be a month of data
I started double dosing FWS just to be extra cautious even though I don’t see any signs of flatworms. And lots of reports say acros love FWS. Plus KZ says it’s fine too. With that said, I need to keep an eye on Iodine. I have ICP kit that just arrived today. I should just do it the way SBB and @AKL1950 Test iodine and buy the 3 separate parts.

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started double dosing FWS just to be extra cautious even though I don’t see any signs of flatworms. And lots of reports say acros love FWS. Plus KZ says it’s fine too. With that said, I need to keep an eye on Iodine. I have ICP kit that just arrived today. I should just do it the way SBB and @AKL1950 Test iodine and buy the 3 separate parts.
Yea, im not saying FWS is what caused the spike but i need to get to the bottom of it. So the plan is to dose just FWS and not seachem just to see how much FWS adds, then ill adjust my seachem dose

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone wanna guess the fishes?

Attachments

• IMG_5933.jpeg
    IMG_5933.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5934.jpeg
    IMG_5934.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 40

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m liking your before and afters. The before here reminds me of your glittering charms. Is that one holding the orange polyps?
You must be empathic to mention it. My glittering charms is in trouble. I got up this morning and had 7 corals that had been dislodged or missing. Found the Glittering Charms lying on another coral and both were stinging each other to death. Took me a couple of hours to find them all. That was the last straw with the urchins. I removed one last week, and this morning the rest of them got a not so ceremonial removal from the tank. They had just gotten too big and were destroying things.

This is my Glittering Charms now. I think it will live, but it’s definitely not happy right now. I put it back on a frag post and moved it to a low light area hoping I can keep to from stressing into RTN. Time will tell. It’s got several spots on it where the other “bigger” coral stung it. Polyps are all hiding.

Bottom line is, no more urchins for me. The tangs and snails will be responsible for algae management from now on. That’s probably fine because there isn’t much algae anyway.

It’s still pink, but not like it was two days ago. So sad.
IMG_3305.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be empathic to mention it. My glittering charms is in trouble. I got up this morning and had 7 corals that had been dislodged or missing. Found the Glittering Charms lying on another coral and both were stinging each other to death. Took me a couple of hours to find them all. That was the last straw with the urchins. I removed one last week, and this morning the rest of them got a not so ceremonial removal from the tank. They had just gotten too big and were destroying things.

This is my Glittering Charms now. I think it will live, but it’s definitely not happy right now. I put it back on a frag post and moved it to a low light area hoping I can keep to from stressing into RTN. Time will tell. It’s got several spots on it where the other “bigger” coral stung it. Polyps are all hiding.

Bottom line is, no more urchins for me. The tangs and snails will be responsible for algae management from now on. That’s probably fine because there isn’t much algae anyway.

It’s still pink, but not like it was two days ago. So sad.
IMG_3305.jpeg
Sorry to hear that. I had urchins once in a different tank that came in on live rock. I got sick of them rearranging my frags and had to donate them to the LFS. No urchins. No anemones, or anything else that moves around and messes with acro frags. I’ve got some big turbo snails that are “walking” a fine line of getting evicted.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back