SBB-New year new sale 250 Auctions +350 fresh WYSYWG corals Added!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niteynite
IMG_9072.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@billyocean im legit supposed to mix this up in RO and dump the whole thing in at once? Three times, 8hrs apart? In my 125?
1000028661.jpg
@zzwierzyna you got to this quick. You should keep your skimmer on with NO TOP, let it all overflow back into the sump. Also remove mechanical filters and GAC if you use it.

ReeferZ1227

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zzwierzyna you got to this quick. You should keep your skimmer on with NO TOP, let it all overflow back into the sump. Also remove mechanical filters and GAC if you use it.
I left the filter socks on and pulled my skimmer cup since it has prazi. Supposed to pull the socks too? I dosed it in the little overflow between skimmer and return pump. Ill pull the socks in the AM for round #2.

I saw in other posts people struggling with grinding it up.

If anyone finds themselves needing to grind up what looks like a chunk of fireplace starting log - shamefully know of an old trick, cut it up a little with a knife and stretch a $20 over it, smash it and rake it around with a credit card, youll get a pretty fine powder pretty quick. Just glad you dont have to rub a coating off :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left the filter socks on and pulled my skimmer cup since it has prazi. Supposed to pull the socks too? I dosed it in the little overflow between skimmer and return pump. Ill pull the socks in the AM for round #2.

If anyone finds themselves needing to grind up what looks like a chunk of fireplace starting log - shamefully know of an old trick, cut it up a little with a knife and stretch a $20 over it, smash it and rake it around with a credit card, youll get a pretty fine powder pretty quick. Just glad you dont have to rub a coating off :rolleyes:.

I have no problems with smashing it with the back of a spoon and then dissolving it in RODI water that I put in the microwave for about 60-seconds. I see the bugs in your video moving, don't worry, it takes time. They won't be moving by this time tomorrow. Probably not even by morning.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@billyocean im legit supposed to mix this up in RO and dump the whole thing in at once? Three times, 8hrs apart? In my 125?
1000028661.jpg
That rolled up dollar bill doesnt look good . I wouldnt do what i think your going to do....lol fun times.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can gently turkey baste off the acros after the first 8 hours.....gently

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back