SBB - Pre Black Friday- 900 WYSWYG Corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. I had urchins once in a different tank that came in on live rock. I got sick of them rearranging my frags and had to donate them to the LFS. No urchins. No anemones, or anything else that moves around and messes with acro frags. I’ve got some big turbo snails that are “walking” a fine line of getting evicted.
Here is the damage the Glittering Charms did to the big plating acro. It should recover fine. I’m just glad all the corals didn’t sense battle and start chem warfare In the entire tank.

1700345710309.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nah tank is too small for a yellow boy unfortunately. I got an algae blenny, magnificent foxface, and a bristletooth tang
All for algae maintenance? I look forward to a larger tank. I saw this Instagram, this blenny is fun looking. It is an Atlantic sailfin blenny:

Hm doesn't link... If you click it it works

Last edited:

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for algae maintenance? I look forward to a larger tank. I saw this Instagram, this blenny is fun looking. It is an Atlantic sailfin blenny:

Hm doesn't link... If you click it it works

Not necessarily for algae maintenance. I just wanted all 3. Though I do have a lot of algae

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: so what was supposed to be a single gold hammer turned into a two headed green hammer which has turned out to be a double head frammer LOL @SBB Corals. The mystery continues

Attachments

• IMG_5946.jpeg
    IMG_5946.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 28

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned regular dosing of KZ FlatwormStop as a way to add iodine and other trace elements. Please tell me more about this. Is this a real thing?

I do not have flatworms but as a supplement?

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy them pre quarantined?
Nah but they were in copper for at least couple weeks. If I need to pull I will. The magnificent is in a 180 with a bunch of other fish so it basically is QTed. I used to work at that shop. Not a lot of fish get stuff or die in the big tanks.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned regular dosing of KZ FlatwormStop as a way to add iodine and other trace elements. Please tell me more about this. Is this a real thing?

I do not have flatworms but as a supplement?
No, that’s a misunderstanding. FWS can increase the iodine in your tank, but it’s thought to not be the proper type of iodine. Corals use iodide. And I don’t think anybody’s ever said anything about FWS and trace elements.

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kasrift when i say the 180 is basically qt'd, there just aren't a lot of fish going into the tank because it takes awhile for the more expensive, larger fish to sell and they run copper.

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that’s a misunderstanding. FWS can increase the iodine in your tank, but it’s thought to not be the proper type of iodine. Corals use iodide. And I don’t think anybody’s ever said anything about FWS and trace elements.
Thank you. I had a local reefer friend recommended it to me but had never heard of this.

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New algae blenny making an appearance

Attachments

• IMG_5949.jpeg
    IMG_5949.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 34

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now he needs to turn around and get to work
he said "it's saturday so you have to ensure i get time and a half or i ain't working" and unfortunately after today I can't afford time and a half.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back