***LRO Christmas in July FLASH SALE!!! Sunday, July 7th SURPRISE IN EVERY BOX!!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds awesome! We have a Waterbox Frag 165.5 (now discontinued) and an Innovative Marine 25 lagoon that doesn't have much in it because I don't know what I want in there lol.

20240706_093654.jpg

20240706_172732.jpg
They had a small tank like 2nd one at the fish store when I swung by on Sunday. I was actually considering it lol

I think it was a water box (I didn’t look too hard at the sign cuz then I would have really had to think about it!) but I think it said 36 g….now I want to know…guess I need to go there tomorrow

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am FAR from being a pro lol but thank you. Sometimes I feel like this hobby is an abusive relationship. Everything is great and happy. And then there's a problem and you don't know why and your favorite thing dies...

...and then it's happy again.
Tanks can be toxic lol that’s for sure!

Or one of the 10 euphyilla you have is cranky for no reason

I swear the corals like to play games

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES I swear. “Oh your life is nice and peaceful right now? Haha :)

Your tanks are beautiful- water box aquariums look so fantastic!!

I really want to get either a 75 gallon or 100+ this fall, I have to get a hood though because my dad’s cat also likes fish… :loudly-crying-face:
I have cats….one likes to walk on the edge of the tank top. Prior to my DIY lids he did this. Never once have they tried to catch fish from the top. But through the glass yes ……weirdos. They also like to lick the salt water off of me……not sure how I feel about that still

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES I swear. “Oh your life is nice and peaceful right now? Haha :)

Your tanks are beautiful- water box aquariums look so fantastic!!

I really want to get either a 75 gallon or 100+ this fall, I have to get a hood though because my dad’s cat also likes fish… :loudly-crying-face:
On another note if you get a canopy make sure it has plenty of ventilation and you may need to add a fan to move the hot air out away from the lights. Although with the new LED lights they don’t get as hot as old school lighting. You still limit gas exchange from the water. It’s why I went with a netted lid.

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note if you get a canopy make sure it has plenty of ventilation and you may need to add a fan to move the hot air out away from the lights. Although with the new LED lights they don’t get as hot as old school lighting. You still limit gas exchange from the water. It’s why I went with a netted lid.

Dads cat likes to tick in fish tanks—- :loudly-crying-face:

Wish I could do a screen lid.

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why couldn’t you? The cats??

Yes!! I had a fully planted 75 gallon community freshwater tank and all my fish, everything, died overnight. Ammonia levels were as high as they could get. I was stumped.

Came back downstairs to start cleanup process and mourn my poor fish and There he was—- the cat. P issing into the opening to the back of my tank. Dad’s lucky he caught me in time.

Since then I have caught him peeing into my mice enclosure, open boxes—- even killed all my potatoes in the bins outside. I hate him.

I think a hood would be the only way to keep him out… or a tank so tall he can’t jump up it :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Last edited:

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!! I had a fully planted 75 gallon community freshwater tank and all my fish, everything, died overnight. Ammonia levels were as high as they could get. I was stumped.

Came back downstairs to start cleanup process and mourn my poor fish and There he was—- the cat. ticking into the opening to the back of my tank. Dad’s lucky he caught me in time.

Since then I have caught him peeing into my mice enclosure, so pen boxes—- even killed all my potatoes in the bins outside. I hate him.

I think a hood would be the only way to keep him out… or a tank so tall he can’t jump up it :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Evil cat!!!

Glad I don’t have that issue!

So when just remember gas exchange is important for the tank (and PH levels). Air flow through the hood to keep it cool and help gas exchange.

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE CAT PEES IN THE TANK?!?!?!

Y'all how do you do it with cats??

I have a heart attack watching the videos of the cats falling in the tanks or knocking something in the tank and breaking it.

Ugh this poor woman in a fb group I'm in had a cat break her tank. She was able to save a lot of it but still.

CATS ARE THE DEVIL. The end.

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a heart attack watching the videos of the cats falling in the tanks or knocking something in the tank and breaking it.

Ugh this poor woman in a fb group I'm in had a cat break her tank. She was able to save a lot of it but still.

Trust me I did NOT want them!!!!
My poor animals all have to live in my room because the cat tries to eat all of them.

Fortunately Fynn is starting to get old….. I’m out here counting how many lives he has left :upside-down-face:

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kraken Reef lid on my nano. At the time, they didn't have a huge selection of lids, but looks like have more now. They're screen lids but then you can add removable inserts to cover the screen area when you want. Might be something to look into?

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kraken Reef lid on my nano. At the time, they didn't have a huge selection of lids, but looks like have more now. They're screen lids but then you can add removable inserts to cover the screen area when you want. Might be something to look into?

I should have gotten one for my nano—- But I’ll keep them in mind for my text tank!! Cat proof that bad boy xD

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I mean yes they are but mine don’t pee in tanks. So I’m ok with them.

1720482954862.jpeg

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean yes they are but mine don’t pee in tanks. So I’m ok with them.

1720482954862.jpeg

Ooooooh those are such beautiful babies!!!!
I have one that’s a sweet baby, they’re the best if you want to have a nice deep nap.

Ugh speaking of cat pee in tanks… my nano has a faint cat pee ammonia smell coincidentally and it just gave me a heart attack :loudly-crying-face:

Thankfully it’s my fault and not my cat.
I DIDNT PEE IN IT.

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just shook over the idea of cats peeing in tanks. I mean obviously it's not that common (right...RIGHT?!) I don't know what I would do if I walked in and saw that. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just shook over the idea of cats peeing in tanks. I mean obviously it's not that common (right...RIGHT?!) I don't know what I would do if I walked in and saw that. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I haven’t heard of it before Personally. But I gave up fish keeping for Years after that. It was depressing. I lost my favorite Rainbows :loudly-crying-face:

I think he was angry because I kept kicking him off my tank.

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t heard of it before Personally. But I gave up fish keeping for Years after that. It was depressing. I lost my favorite Rainbows :loudly-crying-face:

I think he was angry because I kept kicking him off my tank.

That's absolutely crazy. And awful you lost your rainbows! When our tank crashed when we went to visit family. I almost threw up hearing there was a problem. I figured there was no way anything survived. Told my husband we were tearing it down and everything.

If we hadn't been able to get LRO out there to do damage control, we wouldn't be here.

Ann playing that extra long game knowing we'd be customers for life. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's absolutely crazy. And awful you lost your rainbows! When our tank crashed when we went to visit family. I almost threw up hearing there was a problem. I figured there was no way anything survived. Told my husband we were tearing it down and everything.

If we hadn't been able to get LRO out there to do damage control, we wouldn't be here.

Ann playing that extra long game knowing we'd be customers for life. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

That’s my biggest fear. I’m going to have to pay someone to come housesit for me if I go anywhere. They’ll have to live with my family for a bit. :upside-down-face:

Please tell me it wasn’t a SW tank. I think my heart would give out if I heard that news. Even with my little nano, it’s my baby. I can’t imagine. People say it so loosely but.., the THOUSANDS probably spent in stock alone. And the many months growing and perfecting everything…. I’m so sorry.

At least with freshwater after the initial cycle I didn’t give a crap. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OOF I love Ann she’s the sweetest!!!! I was a little hesitant joining because I want to be careful with my sources, but I already decided a lot of my corals are coming from here. This is a good source :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s my biggest fear. I’m going to have to pay someone to come housesit for me if I go anywhere. They’ll have to live with my family for a bit. :upside-down-face:

Please tell me it wasn’t a SW tank. I think my heart would give out if I heard that news. Even with my little nano, it’s my baby. I can’t imagine. People say it so loosely but.., the THOUSANDS probably spent in stock alone. And the many months growing and perfecting everything…. I’m so sorry.

At least with freshwater after the initial cycle I didn’t give a crap. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OOF I love Ann she’s the sweetest!!!! I was a little hesitant joining because I want to be careful with my sources, but I already decided a lot of my corals are coming from here. This is a good source :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

O it was SW. I think my brain blocked out how bad it was, but we lost so many things. The huge goni I posted earlier in the sale made it. And then our bam bam (which was the very first frag we ever got) zoa colony, 3 variations of ricordea, an acan, space queen zoas...that's all I remember off hand...all survived. No fish. Maybe some snails?

Luckily we were in the "too scared to buy high end coral" stage so it wasn't SUPER costly. But man. It was awful.

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O and back to Ann and really the whole LRO crew. We're local to Orlando, but they've consistently been our go to. They're so personable and will actually talk your through things. If they don't know the answer, they'll admit it, as opposed to coming up with nonsense.

We shop around at some of the other stores, but really only when they have good deals. LRO has awesome sales like this, but their regular pricing is reasonable year round. Which, thinking about it, is probably worse for my budget because I buy more lol

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back