***LRO Christmas in July FLASH SALE!!! Sunday, July 7th SURPRISE IN EVERY BOX!!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's absolutely crazy. And awful you lost your rainbows! When our tank crashed when we went to visit family. I almost threw up hearing there was a problem. I figured there was no way anything survived. Told my husband we were tearing it down and everything.

If we hadn't been able to get LRO out there to do damage control, we wouldn't be here.

Ann playing that extra long game knowing we'd be customers for life. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
That’s my biggest fear. I’m going to have to pay someone to come housesit for me if I go anywhere. They’ll have to live with my family for a bit. :upside-down-face:

Please tell me it wasn’t a SW tank. I think my heart would give out if I heard that news. Even with my little nano, it’s my baby. I can’t imagine. People say it so loosely but.., the THOUSANDS probably spent in stock alone. And the many months growing and perfecting everything…. I’m so sorry.

At least with freshwater after the initial cycle I didn’t give a crap. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OOF I love Ann she’s the sweetest!!!! I was a little hesitant joining because I want to be careful with my sources, but I already decided a lot of my corals are coming from here. This is a good source :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Ok so, me and my BF no longer take vacations together. And honestly probably won’t till I get some sort of automated testing and some camera so I can watch the tank. That and do you know how much it is to kennel 3 dogs!!!!

As it stands if I go out of town I set up pre made food portions, make sure the auto top off is topped off and every other day I FaceTime with the tank lol. I send him reminder texts and he responds when he has completed the task.

The first time I didn’t set up food portions and came back to a hairy tank lol

Terrified to leave the tank without him here. He knows where the filters for his phone are so he can clip them on to send me morning photos too.

Eventually I’ll be brave …….maybe

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so, me and my BF no longer take vacations together. And honestly probably won’t till I get some sort of automated testing and some camera so I can watch the tank. That and do you know how much it is to kennel 3 dogs!!!!

As it stands if I go out of town I set up pre made food portions, make sure the auto top off is topped off and every other day I FaceTime with the tank lol. I send him reminder texts and he responds when he has completed the task.

The first time I didn’t set up food portions and came back to a hairy tank lol

Terrified to leave the tank without him here. He knows where the filters for his phone are so he can clip them on to send me morning photos too.

Eventually I’ll be brave …….maybe

It's so stressful. My brother usually stays at our house. But we all went back (with the 3 dogs) to visit family. My poor neighbor is still traumatized lol.

We have not gone anywhere without someone staying at the house since.

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so stressful. My brother usually stays at our house. But we all went back (with the 3 dogs) to visit family. My poor neighbor is still traumatized lol.

We have not gone anywhere without someone staying at the house since.

Omg now that I have to feed fish twice a day idk if I’ll ever be going anywhere. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

YOU GUYS LOOK

I just added a goby!!! My wrasse is so shy and chill it scootched over for the goby, and the goby said no. You’re my shrimp now. We cuddle.

6615D8FF-45D2-462C-8CE2-47FDDE278A51.jpeg

009D4266-73E1-4F26-8B0D-2FA964E8A07A.jpeg

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha???? My favorite!

I’m hoping they adjust well!!!
This is the first fish I’ve ever had shipped, I got him from Blue zoo and they did wonderful. I’m nervous my hermit crabs are going to bother him though. He doesn’t mind being touched like my wrasse does.

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to stop by an LFS while out today for advice on my pom pom crabs.

Weeks ago, I think they dropped their nems to molt and then we did a water change and I guess they got taken out or lost.

So the other day I noticed my grandmaster goni frag was missing polyps. Panicked. Moved it to the big tank. Next day I see these 2 idiots under a rock...with goni polyp hands! NEVER heard of this. LFS has heard of them grabbing other things, but this was a first for them. Obv the goni hands died. So the solution? Buy 2 more pom poms and hope they can share.

To ease my mind we then got a geometric hawk and...

...A RHOMBOID WRASSE!!!

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to stop by an LFS while out today for advice on my pom pom crabs.

Weeks ago, I think they dropped their nems to molt and then we did a water change and I guess they got taken out or lost.

So the other day I noticed my grandmaster goni frag was missing polyps. Panicked. Moved it to the big tank. Next day I see these 2 idiots under a rock...with goni polyp hands! NEVER heard of this. LFS has heard of them grabbing other things, but this was a first for them. Obv the goni hands died. So the solution? Buy 2 more pom poms and hope they can share.

To ease my mind we then got a geometric hawk and...

...A RHOMBOID WRASSE!!!

Do what is going to be the fate of the Pom poms??? Do they get to keep their new decor?

Idk what to do with my red legged hermits. They’re interesting but the way the large one didnt hesitate going for my wrasse makes me very nervous. I’m probably more anti-crab than anything xD

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fascination favites

IMG_3042.jpeg IMG_3041.jpeg
I killed my Fascination Favias twice and they came back! Finally killed them a third time and they stayed dead... Super fast growers when they're happy.

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I killed my Fascination Favias twice and they came back! Finally killed them a third time and they stayed dead... Super fast growers when they're happy.
And apparently come with multiple lives

SueAubu

There's always room on the sand!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thursday is so far away hopefully I can make room
IMG_2958.jpeg
IMG_2957.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg

TCK I forgot one it’s another frog
IMG_2967.jpeg
IMG_2968.jpeg

Zoanthids
IMG_2985.jpeg
IMG_2988.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg
IMG_2990.jpeg
That boondocks Blasto grows like crazy, but the long lashes are really cool. Sometimes I spend more time looking at the tank at night (with a flashlight) than I do during the day! Even got video last week when my new oulophyllia and pectina decided to have a stringer dance off.

SueAubu

There's always room on the sand!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!! I had a fully planted 75 gallon community freshwater tank and all my fish, everything, died overnight. Ammonia levels were as high as they could get. I was stumped.

Came back downstairs to start cleanup process and mourn my poor fish and There he was—- the cat. P issing into the opening to the back of my tank. Dad’s lucky he caught me in time.

Since then I have caught him peeing into my mice enclosure, open boxes—- even killed all my potatoes in the bins outside. I hate him.

I think a hood would be the only way to keep him out… or a tank so tall he can’t jump up it :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

How did everyone’s corals from the last order do?!

_58A2962.jpeg
_58A2868.jpeg
_58A2846.jpeg
Ann! They're gorgeous!!!! Even the favia are already having babies!!! My freebie hairy pavona hasn't bleached! (I side family joke that I have no luck with the freak hairy, so I groaned when I saw your gift... But it's thriving!!) So the moral of the story is, if I can't kill a LRO coral, noone can!!!!

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what is going to be the fate of the Pom poms??? Do they get to keep their new decor?

Idk what to do with my red legged hermits. They’re interesting but the way the large one didnt hesitate going for my wrasse makes me very nervous. I’m probably more anti-crab than anything xD

Well both of the ones we got today each have 2 nems. They will supposedly share. Snagged these pics just now. Not the best, but they each seem to still have a dying goni polyp.

20240709_202548.jpg

20240709_202409.jpg

I too am not a fan of crabs. These guys are cute and typically harmless, but of course this would happen. I trust no hermit crab. Do you have red legs or scarlets? I Benevento red legs can be pretty spicy. :grimacing-face:

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back