SBB - 275 Auctions up now + 80 WYSWYG Corals. Click now to Join!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My ICP results came in yesterday! What do folks think? As a reminder, my tank crashed and I lost most (but not all, 80%) of my corals during the last sale. Nothing showed up in basic testing, no stray voltage, nothing rusting. So I sent off and icp test and started a course of antibiotics.

Dude you are pretty spot on. From what I've read, aluminum often reads high. You are low on iodine, but I don't think that will crash a tank.

What kind of coral did you mostly have? Did you lose SPS or LPS?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I only dose tropic Marin AFR pretty lightly (and will be adding iodine). I didn't note the iron since it's green/wasn't flagged.
AFR is light on magnesium and iodine. I've dosed AFR for two and a half years, always have to hit the tank with a little mag midweek. As for iodine, either use something like Flatworm Stop or dose Aquavitro Fuel which has iodine in it, or dose iodine directly. I've only added more via a supplement, but I have a small tank.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only dose tropic Marin AFR pretty lightly (and will be adding iodine). I didn't note the iron since it's green/wasn't flagged.
The iron shouldn't even really be detectable on that test...if it is like 2-3 tops....7 is a lot. But....I'm not sure if you dosed anything before testing

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The iron shouldn't even really be detectable on that test...if it is like 2-3 tops....7 is a lot. But....I'm not sure if you dosed anything before testing
Just the AFR.

Dude you are pretty spot on. From what I've read, aluminum often reads high. You are low on iodine, but I don't think that will crash a tank.

What kind of coral did you mostly have? Did you lose SPS or LPS?
Shrimp fine, no fish. Euphyllia (hammers, frog, octo) all dead, mushrooms and zoas are unhappy but not dead, platygyra dead, symphillia dead, fungia 3 of 4 dead, acan lords unhappy 4 of 12 dead, trumpet dead, chalices dead, micromussas dead, Japanese weeping toadstool leathers dead. My first and only SPS dead ($1 SBB chunky green lightsaber).

Mushrooms are alive but generally unhappy. Zoas are starting to open back up. Acans are unhappy but starting to extending feeders.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the AFR.

Shrimp fine, no fish. Euphyllia (hammers, frog, octo) all dead, mushrooms and zoas are unhappy but not dead, platygyra dead, symphillia dead, fungia 3 of 4 dead, acan lords unhappy 4 of 12 dead, trumpet dead, chalices dead, micromussas dead, Japanese weeping toadstool leathers dead. My first and only SPS dead ($1 SBB chunky green lightsaber).

Mushrooms are alive but generally unhappy. Zoas are starting to open back up. Acans are unhappy but starting to extending feeders.
Iron depletes really fast so 7 tells me something is up beyond just dosing IMO.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@banik
So i recently changed out my jebao pump and noticed theres a stainless steel circlip on the pump shaft. Mine was starting to show signs of deterioration/rust.

I dose AFR and kalk and what I hadnt realized K is not included in AFR, yours seems to be fine, mine was in bad shape. Just an added FYI.

Whats your tanks pH run at?

Have you measured PAR? Lighting schedule in-line with the norm?

On another note, crossed a white marlin off my bucketlist in the DR today:
1000030430.jpg

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option, if you have a fuge you could grow a red macro algae. They do a good job of exporting metals - an added benefit (or con) of macro algaes often overlooked IMO

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@banik
So i recently changed out my jebao pump and noticed theres a stainless steel circlip on the pump shaft. Mine was starting to show signs of deterioration/rust.

I dose AFR and kalk and what I hadnt realized K is not included in AFR, yours seems to be fine, mine was in bad shape. Just an added FYI.

Whats your tanks pH run at?

Have you measured PAR? Lighting schedule in-line with the norm?

On another note, crossed a white marlin off my bucketlist in the DR today:
1000030430.jpg
manly GIF

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back