Sbb coral colonies?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
Collecting rare and unique frags for my 1200gal system build. Ive been seeing a lot of really nice frags on fb posted by SBB CORALS. I know atleast a handful of people have purchesed these which are definitely premium prices. So im looking for actual mini to full colony pics of some of these before pulling the trigger on any. Thanks!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane @shane backer is great to work with. I have quite a few pieces from him, but most have been purchased in the last few months so are still growing out. Here's a few pics of the pieces I have purchased.

SBB Captain Crunch-3.jpg
SBB High Times-2.jpg
SBB Purplicious-2.jpg
SBB Rock Candy 2.jpg
SBB Unnamed Tenuis.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane @shane backer is great to work with. I have quite a few pieces from him, but most have been purchased in the last few months so are still growing out. Here's a few pics of the pieces I have purchased.

SBB Captain Crunch-3.jpg
SBB High Times-2.jpg
SBB Purplicious-2.jpg
SBB Rock Candy 2.jpg
SBB Unnamed Tenuis.jpg
Yes 8 know shane is good people, and for the past few years was the zoa master. Now he is transitioning to sps.

Like a zoa his sold for premium but prices dropped rapidly.

Im interested in seeing actual colonies, to see what the frags end up looking like. At 1.5k-3k per 1/2" i want to see qhat growth pattern is along with color retention. All of his are newer releases so no images online of the colonies that i can find.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 8 know shane is good people, and for the past few years was the zoa master. Now he is transitioning to sps.

Like a zoa his sold for premium but prices dropped rapidly.

Im interested in seeing actual colonies, to see what the frags end up looking like. At 1.5k-3k per 1/2" i want to see qhat growth pattern is along with color retention. All of his are newer releases so no images online of the colonies that i can find.
Have you looked at his website? Not all of them show the mothers, but some do. He is on R2R so you could just DM him to get some colony pics.

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes of course ive been on his site and also on his fb group. Very few colony pics. You seem to think im posting negatively about his sps but im not. I simply asked if anyone here has colony pics as on the fb sps groups all the people who have his sps post frag pics like you did.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes of course ive been on his site and also on his fb group. Very few colony pics. You seem to think im posting negatively about his sps but im not. I simply asked if anyone here has colony pics as on the fb sps groups all the people who have his sps post frag pics like you did.
Wow, you are reading WAY to much into my posts. I simply made suggestions as to how you might see colony pics. No need to make assumptions about what I was thinking as I saw nothing negative about your posts. Just trying to be helpful is all.

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you are reading WAY to much into my posts. I simply made suggestions as to how you might see colony pics. No need to make assumptions about what I was thinking as I saw nothing negative about your posts. Just trying to be helpful is all.
Ok cool thanks.
Sps change so much from frag to colonys that i want to be able to plan out my displays. My rrc jd, rrc bleeding avengers, jf sunday driver frags look very little like coloneis of them do.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has a few photos and videos.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool thanks.
Sps change so much from frag to colonys that i want to be able to plan out my displays. My rrc jd, rrc bleeding avengers, jf sunday driver frags look very little like coloneis of them do.
No worries at all. Can you post a pic of your Sunday Driver? I don't have that one and haven't seen a colony pic...

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has a few photos and videos.

Awesome! Much appreciated!

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a tiny frag still. Just picked it up 3 weeks ago

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just checked the website out if interest and nearly had a coronary.
Am I missing something here?
Nice acros but the prices seem to be astronomical.
What is so special as to justify these prices?
I'm genuinely interested.

kidney.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of years ago he was the high end zoa guy. Most of the new releases of new and rare zoa came from him.
He moved over to sps though.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Posting to get updates haha. I never heard of SBB until reefapooloza where Shane had a booth. On the prices, while I would never spend that much of an acro I could so easily kill, compared to other super high end SPS they make sense when you see them in person. I could spot the frags across the auditorium, absolutely insane colors.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back