*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always think it's funny. I usually won't bid on something I want until the last second. If everyone just waited until the last second and put in their bid in the final 5 seconds, we could all get a lot cheaper things lol.

Only problem is the server being able to handle the huge bandwidth spike, and whales not running up the price to keep others out. And it's more of a gamble if your bid is going to win or not. But that's why you put you max bid your willing to pay.

On these auctions, I won't bid on any of the auctions until they're about ready to close on Sunday? If I bid beforehand, all I'm doing is increasing the price for myself. So, I'll wait, and if the pieces I'm interested in have been ran up too much already, I'll just pass lol.

It's why I prefer flash/buy it now auctions instead of long auctions. Better deals, more fun, cheaper lol. I'm impatient so waiting and watching the price increase over four days is too much hahaha

Shane right now:

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Office

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I put a proxy bid on the pieces I like. All my bids were beat already lol

Yeah, that's how I figure it would go for me too. I'd put a proxy in, and they'd be beat already. So, I'm like, well I'll wait and bid as they end. Then I know if I'm even interested in it or not. But the VIP and all the FCFS pieces I can't wait for. Those, I can just hit 'buy' and know I got it, hopefully lol. I will usually be willing to spend a little more on a piece I know I can get 'right now' also.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always think it's funny. I usually won't bid on something I want until the last second. If everyone just waited until the last second and put in their bid in the final 5 seconds, we could all get a lot cheaper things lol.

Only problem is the server being able to handle the huge bandwidth spike, and whales not running up the price to keep others out. And it's more of a gamble if your bid is going to win or not. But that's why you put you max bid your willing to pay.

On these auctions, I won't bid on any of the auctions until they're about ready to close on Sunday? If I bid beforehand, all I'm doing is increasing the price for myself. So, I'll wait, and if the pieces I'm interested in have been ran up too much already, I'll just pass lol.

It's why I prefer flash/buy it now auctions instead of long auctions. Better deals, more fun, cheaper lol. I'm impatient so waiting and watching the price increase over four days is too much hahaha
down sides to that strategy, especially if you really want the piece. Mis calculating your last big, server lag, any number of things could break it. I still think best strategy is to proxy bid with a few minutes left if you want a piece. Snipping may be good if the price is too good to pass up.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you dosers out there. I have my alkalinity 'pegged' at about 8.8. Obviously there are daily fluctuations. Mine will go anywhere from 8.5 to 9.1. Any concerns? I am debating how much I need to fine tune my dosing patterns to minimize the swing.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's the ones that go from a couple bucks straight $100 that iI dot get. Where's the fun there?

Yeah, I think on the auction, my top price might be $100 a piece on the ones I'd really want. But I get it too, if you have the funds and can, why not. If they want the piece badly enough, they're going to win it in the end anyway. I see it as doing me a favor, now I know I don't have to watch those pieces anymore :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you dosers out there. I have my alkalinity 'pegged' at about 8.8. Obviously there are daily fluctuations. Mine will go anywhere from 8.5 to 9.1. Any concerns? I am debating how much I need to fine tune my dosing patterns to minimize the swing.
I do 12 doses a day via a komoer doser...it fluctuates like .1

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 12 doses a day via a komoer doser...it fluctuates like .1
How many times a day to you test? If testing the same time once a day, I get that and I generally land in the same place. But my trident tests 5 times a day and I fluctuate pretty broadly throughout the day

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many times a day to you test? If testing the same time once a day, I get that and I generally land in the same place. But my trident tests 5 times a day and I fluctuate pretty broadly throughout the day
Ahh..ok. I've found trident alk can be funny..calc and mag are usually spot on..but alk. And yeah..doesn't really matter the time

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh..ok. I've found trident alk can be funny..calc and mag are usually spot on..but alk. And yeah..doesn't really matter the time
Yeah I hate the trident alk testing. Mine is generally off by 0.6 dkh. I was just happy figured out how to make Custom schedules for testing. Kinda how I noticed my swings.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

That's what I've heard a lot about the Tridents also. I plan on picking one up, but having it set to only test twice a day. Once in the morning, and once in the evening. Just to watch for consistency at those times. Otherwise, I'll start to micromanage the tank to where I overthink it too much.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've heard a lot about the Tridents also. I plan on picking one up, but having it set to only test twice a day. Once in the morning, and once in the evening. Just to watch for consistency at those times. Otherwise, I'll start to micromanage the tank to where I overthink it too much.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

cant deny, I am. Until I figure out my morbidity issue, I am going to

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 117 43.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 130 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back