SBB - Mega Live Sale- 3 day event!! 1300 WYSYWG corals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my favorite part of this hobby is being tang shamed!!! really makes me feel the love

Car Chase Police GIF

#TangPolice
I need to have an alert before you decide to hop in the thread. I always get an audible laugh from your comments and I’m on a zoom call, just glanced at my third monitor to keep up with the thread and had to stifle a laugh.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the diffusers for my Radions today. I like it. Gives the tank a much softer look. PAR dropped about 10-12% up top, so I just boosted the power up a little to compensate. Lower areas saw a higher PAR drop, but that’s good. Zoa’s look happy and my one Goni is opening now for the first time in 6 months. Already showing a little color again.

1695754788272.jpeg
83392E19-9D3F-4960-9E36-7C9F36397AC3.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@AKL1950 I put diffusers on my Noops and had to raise the levels on everything, I’ll be honest I’m not sure I love it. I run more whites during the day and it washes a lot of the look out. I’ve had it that way for the last several months, but I might pull the diffusers. I really wanted to reduce the bright lights so my four year old doesn’t go blind looking up at the tank.
IMG_0398.jpeg

Btw @billyocean the small nub is my space ghost doing super well after falling when I was away on a business trip. Super happy to see it continuing to encrust and get some color back.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good part of the hobby is the comraderie, I think we’ve all been through some setback. Part of the allure of the hobby is getting everything just humming along, but I think that is so hard to keep. We all walk the line of perfect/stable and a cliff. People in this group are more than happy to help out. @StatelineReefer is going through some flatworm issues and might have some tips so you can both get through this.
Nik Wallenda Tightrope GIF by Digg
Polyclad are a menace, kcl and even coralrx seem to do practically nothing. I've seen them hanging on and hiding after a 20 minute dip. And nudis just seem to get eaten in my tank

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Polyclad are a menace, kcl and even coralrx seem to do practically nothing. I've seen them hanging on and hiding after a 20 minute dip. And nudis just seem to get eaten in my tank
So you tried the blue velvet nudibranch. Hm, I haven’t had to use it, but flatworm exit doesn’t work?

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the diffusers for my Radions today. I like it. Gives the tank a much softer look. PAR dropped about 10-12% up top, so I just boosted the power up a little to compensate. Lower areas saw a higher PAR drop, but that’s good. Zoa’s look happy and my one Goni is opening now for the first time in 6 months. Already showing a little color again.

1695754788272.jpeg
83392E19-9D3F-4960-9E36-7C9F36397AC3.jpeg
do you clean the back wall of your tank? makes me want to go scrape the coralline off mine...

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AKL1950 I put diffusers on my Noops and had to raise the levels on everything, I’ll be honest I’m not sure I love it. I run more whites during the day and it washes a lot of the look out. I’ve had it that way for the last several months, but I might pull the diffusers. I really wanted to reduce the bright lights so my four year old doesn’t go blind looking up at the tank.
IMG_0398.jpeg

Btw @billyocean the small nub is my space ghost doing super well after falling when I was away on a business trip. Super happy to see it continuing to encrust and get some color back.
I was worried about two things. First was hot spots on my top levels. There were certain spots where a coral would die and then when I put another one there, it would die. Second was increasing intensity without putting too much light on the bottom non SPS corals. Hoping this will cover both problems and I can gradually increase the light to get 450+ PAR across the top without frying anything. i also did change the white in the AB+ schedule to 25% vice 100%. Brings out the colors much better.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you clean the back wall of your tank? makes me want to go scrape the coralline off mine...
I clean it every week. Started that about 8 months ago. Was always having trouble keeping my PO4 above zero and was pretty sure it was because of the algae growing on the back wall. Removed the algae and PO4 stays between 0.09-0.17 now.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 111 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back