SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 10, Members: 0, Guests: 10)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's helpful experience to set my expectations, thanks.
The last day before closing are the best deals but what you want could be gone by then...it's a catch 22. The biggest plus isn't the pricing (although there are some deals to be had) it's the finding new or rarer pieces you may not see outside of the show often.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like it! Does your HW have purple or pink coralites? I’ve always thought of homewrecker being predominantly green and pink.
a little late to this discussion but here is my homewrecker grow out back when i had my stuff together a little better than i do now. the colony in my display tank had even more pink on it, weirdly so.
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last day before closing are the best deals but what you want could be gone by then...it's a catch 22. The biggest plus isn't the pricing (although there are some deals to be had) it's the finding new or rarer pieces you may not see outside of the show often.

This. I have found more unique things not typically sold by my local vendors. Most of gorgonians and sponges are from shows

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Listen To Me Cat GIF by VITA VITA ‧ 塔仔不正經

we are looking to add Website Video Testomonial to our website Earn a $250 Gift card

we will do an unboxing video contest for a $250 Gift card. We will pick a video at random and award the winner after all boxes have been shipped. The idea is that you will do a video receiving your corals. You will document the package coming in and opening them and then showing them in your tank. We will use the video on our testimonial section of our website. We hope many people enter this contest. the video must be on YouTube. Tag us with your entry or it won’t count. Good luck to all and we cant wait to see what you got!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Good morning.

I was eyeing Reefapalooza, NY, and saw your name on the floorplan, @SBB Corals . How does your pricing work for shows? Would you say it's more, "early access VIP pricing," or, "It's Sunday and I'm throwing out 40 and 50 percent of codes like crazy," pricing?
its all over the map .... but make deals all the time :)

lets make a deal!

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning. Anybody using Apex dozers thought about getting the new quiet drive one? I’m really thinking about it for my water changes. Kinda waiting to hear feedback from someone first.
I use the DOS for auto-water changes. Have to run it overnight as the pumps are loud at higher RPM. New quiet drive may solve that. Overall been pleased with the process and programing is easy. I change out 1.5 gallons per night on a 230 system so 20% per month and don't really think about it.

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a good weekend with the 4 gallon frag tank, I have been more excited working on that then the main lately...
Excited my culture bags get here this week for the next harvesting!

Unfortunately my Salinity tester from Hannah started going in a bootloop a little over a year out and Hannah told me to go kick rocks...I don't think I'm buying another if I'm buying one every year at 70.00....

My Purchases from this livesale are doing great so far!

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the DOS for auto-water changes. Have to run it overnight as the pumps are loud at higher RPM. New quiet drive may solve that. Overall been pleased with the process and programing is easy. I change out 1.5 gallons per night on a 230 system so 20% per month and don't really think about it.
That’s what I’m looking at. Even with my bedroom door closed I can still hear it. Hoping the new quiet drive will drop it down to the level of the ATO pump. Waiting to see if others feel the noise level drop is accurate and worth the cost.

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m looking at. Even with my bedroom door closed I can still hear it. Hoping the new quiet drive will drop it down to the level of the ATO pump. Waiting to see if others feel the noise level drop is accurate and worth the cost.
I think its the same price as the other DOS as well so even better...

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I really want to implement this but with hydros

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize the depth of the damage of this sale. 2 XXL colonies, 2XL colonies, 2 mini colonies, probably 6-8 XL or greater, princess peach torch, and a bunch of smaller gonis and other pieces. 23 pieces. Oof.

Last edited:

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize the depth of the damage of this sale. 2 XXL colonies, 2 mini colonies, probably 6-8 XL or greater, princess peach torch, and a bunch of smaller gonis and other pieces. 23 pieces. Oof.
Going to do some damage to your alkalinity after putting that all in at once.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do some damage to your alkalinity after putting that all in at once.
Let er eat dude. I'm maxed out on kalk, AFRs gonna have to do some more lifting. It's getting wild. Going to wait 14 days and then the dremmel is going to town. I gota start selling what's in the frag tank :/

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize the depth of the damage of this sale. 2 XXL colonies, 2XL colonies, 2 mini colonies, probably 6-8 XL or greater, princess peach torch, and a bunch of smaller gonis and other pieces. 23 pieces. Oof.

I feel ya. I went into the sale looking for easy, no stress corals. 40 lbs later I'm in trouble

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got rid of the stupid rock in the center of the tank and just put the torches on disc's. Rock was just a bubble algae/aiptasia magnet. Black panther is 2 giant heads and the Goldilocks I like 6, a few are only partially split.

I had a head on one of my first indo torches start to jelly, cut it off dipped the whole torch in amox/cipro for 15min, seems good this AM.

Not sure if it's too much flow or got a pest or nipper. A few of them look beat up by end of day
1000035007.jpg

Back