SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Screenshot_20240524_090933_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This stuff? During cleaning yesterday, a portion of my aquascape is not secured well. I was going to epoxy it today with reef putty, but maybe this will work better?
If you already have reef putty you should be fine... buy yes that waterweld. Only thing I'd recommend is to use latex gloves...

For out of the water aquascape... the ol sand and brs glue is crazy (how well it works)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The life rock is the one I'm talking about..their regular rock is just like marco or whatever else. The life rock is concrete

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side not...if adding any dry rock you can always stick some in thr sump for a week or two before adding to display. I add to my display with no worries...takes a few weeks to look decent but it doesn't cause problems

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Side not...if adding any dry rock you can always stick some in thr sump for a week or two before adding to display. I add to my display with no worries...takes a few weeks to look decent but it doesn't cause problems
Adding it to the sump or the display would be exactly the same per his concern. Don't think the look was the issue as much as the "cycle" part. Unless I read that wrong.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs and angels are pretty serious grazers, so hopefully they will do their J.0.B. And keep things looking good.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else planning a unboxing video... they will be due on Monday and next week we will announce the reveal as well and draw the 250 gc
Yes just wanted to get video a couple days after shipping for you. Will enter my video tommorrow ; )

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got ya, have read the concrete can leach... those tonga branches are the concrete variety including their arches and what not IIRC.
Dang, light bulb moment, when I set up the 40 it was all cycled rock. I had some issues and couldn't figure out what it was, I had to do water changes every 3 days or corals would close up, carbon, cuprisorb.

It finally settled after a month and I haven't had an issue since.

I had some of the Eden branches I used, now I wonder if that was the problem....

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you guys seem to like the quantra light bars. but any issues, problems? and know of any sales or discounts on them? Thanks
There's a dimmable version that's about to drop any day if it hasn't yet..plus it has 4 colors in each led lens or something like that

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not like Radions or just think they are overpriced?
The quantas are bars. Radions are a great light...tried and true. With what an xr30 costs you can get an Icon that beats it in every way. If I was set on an xr30 then I would pivot to the reefi 2.0...not only cheaper but more power. In the end my opinion is that every led light could use a little help from a bar or t5s for shadowing. I prefer a panel style led light because no matter how you market it and jazz it up light coming from a small area is just that.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quantas are bars. Radions are a great light...tried and true. With what an xr30 costs you can get an Icon that beats it in every way. If I was set on an xr30 then I would pivot to the reefi 2.0...not only cheaper but more power. In the end my opinion is that every led light could use a little help from a bar or t5s for shadowing. I prefer a panel style led light because no matter how you market it and jazz it up light coming from a small area is just that.
That makes sense to me and is the reason if I get Radions I’m considering mounting them perpendicular, or adding bars.
I’m like 75% decided on Radion G6 Blues for a 48”x24”x24” footprint with, unfortunately, a big middle overflow. I’m trying to decide if I want 2x XR30 mounted perpendicular and a XR15 in between them. Or 2x XR30 mounted horizontal with AI Blades.
Or just start with only 2x XR30 mounted horizontally and add more lights as needed.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back