SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense to me and is the reason if I get Radions I’m considering mounting them perpendicular, or adding bars.
I’m like 75% decided on Radion G6 Blues for a 48”x24”x24” footprint with, unfortunately, a big middle overflow. I’m trying to decide if I want 2x XR30 mounted perpendicular and a XR15 in between them. Or 2x XR30 mounted horizontal with AI Blades.
Or just start with only 2x XR30 mounted horizontally and add more lights as needed.
Why not orphek icons or the reefi? Just curious. Unless ypu get a smoking deal on some used radions. Gen 4 looks the best imo

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not orphek icons or the reefi? Just curious. Unless ypu get a smoking deal on some used radions. Gen 4 looks the best imo
In regards to Icons, I have a giant T5 panel now and kinda want something different, so small and “sexy” (for lack of better words). I have a canopy so shouldn’t care that much about that but would also like more space in there to get my head under the lights for those top down views.
In regards to the Reefi, it looks to me like some small time company and not sure where they are made.

Also I’m taking mounting into consideration. The top of my canopy is open so kinda like the shape of a picture frame. I think I could put one of those RMS tracks on top of the canopy or screw it underneath and easily add Radions to it.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Morning everyone! Here’s my entry for the unboxing video @sbbcorals

LoL that clown wants to get you!
clown grave GIF

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I did a thing last night, lol. Bought some stuff off a guy getting out of the hobby. 15 rainbow chalice frags and small colonies, glitter bomb goni, 2 amazeballs goni, SBB carebears goni, and a WWC rainbow blasto.
Didn’t get pics of all the chalice, goni are just opening, lights just came on a little bit ago
IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0862.jpeg
IMG_0864.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg
IMG_0866.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G4 look the best in regards to color spectrum? I need to go to some LFS and take a look at these things in person. I’ve been so set on my ATI T5’s that I never paid that much attention.

andrewj1212

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I hope you like that carpet color :)

It appears to be lifted in the front. Is this to off set the carpet tack strip along the baseboard?
It’s just sitting on some two by fours as I build it out. I’ll have to take it outside to sand and paint and then move it back inside and level it on the carpet.

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense to me and is the reason if I get Radions I’m considering mounting them perpendicular, or adding bars.
I’m like 75% decided on Radion G6 Blues for a 48”x24”x24” footprint with, unfortunately, a big middle overflow. I’m trying to decide if I want 2x XR30 mounted perpendicular and a XR15 in between them. Or 2x XR30 mounted horizontal with AI Blades.
Or just start with only 2x XR30 mounted horizontally and add more lights as needed.
My tank has the same large center overflow like you describe but is 30 inches front to back (72x30x25). I pulled the rockwork forward about 4 inches and ran XR30s parralel. Light was good (365 PAR at top center at 75% of schedule) but I wanted more. Added a Quanta bar in front last week and will eventually add another in back as the corals grow to help with the shading.

Luca with Quanta makes a good product and has been very helpful/responsive to my questions. I am pleased with the purchase.
1000008019.jpg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has the same large center overflow like you describe but is 30 inches front to back (72x30x25). I pulled the rockwork forward about 4 inches and ran XR30s parralel. Light was good (365 PAR at top center at 75% of schedule) but I wanted more. Added a Quanta bar in front last week and will eventually add another in back as the corals grow to help with the shading.

Luca with Quanta makes a good product and has been very helpful/responsive to my questions. I am pleased with the purchase.
1000008019.jpg
Thanks for that pic! I’ve been looking for Radions in canopies and it’s not that common. So you’re essentially doing my idea with that RMS track. I have the option to mount the track on top or the underside of the canopy like yours. I haven’t decided yet.
With a 30 inch wide SPS tank I think I would’ve gone perpendicular with the XR30s. I’m not sure what to do with 24” from to back.
My T5 panel (because of the canopy design) is positioned a little bit more towards the back of the tank and there’s definitely better color and growth on the back side of corals. I’d rather have that towards the front!
Top down view of what I’m working with.
IMG_2137.jpeg

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back