***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that new yellow Tenuis is insane i think it will be one of the Nicest acro we have seen in a while and i cant wait to see how you guys grow it out.

Here is a pic of the colonie next post we need to pull it up and take a better picture/ video of it we will do this today

it is a varient of fruitloops but seems brighter i think it will turn out nicer over time
I'm really liking this one in my tank. The polyps seem to have a slight blueish hue to them as well.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll come off eventually on it's own, definitely isn't the first time. I haven't glued my fingers together yet, in that instance I'd try something though
Makeup remover is acetone. On the coral front though..I've been getting a lot of no namers and I'm a lookin....and I'm a likin

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makeup remover is acetone. On the coral front though..I've been getting a lot of no namers and I'm a lookin....and I'm a likin
You must have read my mind, first thought was I don't have acetone nor really know what it is for...
I'll ask my wife for some makeup remover and see her reaction.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have read my mind, first thought was I don't have acetone nor really know what it is for...
I'll ask my wife for some makeup remover and see her reaction.
will-ferrell-mind-reader.gif

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get a pick of the yellow tenuis, I want to see it in all 3 of my light settings... So far I've seen it in all LED actinic, then the blue T5's kicked on and still to come is when the white T5's turn on too.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get a pick of the yellow tenuis, I want to see it in all 3 of my light settings... So far I've seen it in all LED actinic, then the blue T5's kicked on and still to come is when the white T5's turn on too.
20230531_172031.jpg

Edit..just realized the orange blast behind it is changing color on some spots?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@SBB Corals I just watched your Instagram story on packaging. You dip the corals before they are bagged, what dip is that? I hadn't heard of anyone dipping before bagging.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SBB Corals I just watched your Instagram story on packaging. You dip the corals before they are bagged, what dip is that? I hadn't heard of anyone dipping before bagging.
I was a little surprised when I saw that too. I'm guessing it is for pods, asterina stars, worms, algae, etc.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Atherial , can you post some more information on your tank. I think the regulars in the SBB thread can help out with a few things if we have more information. For starters, I think a few of us have tips to help your hair algae problem. I'd probably use a micro dose of Blue Vet Flux RX, but curious to know your clean up crew as well.

I think the issue with the corals might be a wayward fish, but lets see if the crew here can help with other things to get your tank cruising so you can enjoy the SBB corals you purchase.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Atherial , can you post some more information on your tank. I think the regulars in the SBB thread can help out with a few things if we have more information. For starters, I think a few of us have tips to help your hair algae problem. I'd probably use a micro dose of Blue Vet Flux RX, but curious to know your clean up crew as well.

I think the issue with the corals might be a wayward fish, but lets see if the crew here can help with other things to get your tank cruising so you can enjoy the SBB corals you purchase.
I didn't read all of the details, but I don't think it is from a rabbitfish biting it.... unless it's already dying at the tip and the rabbit is biting the beginning of algae growth. I think it's something with the water.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back