***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Baby RFA?
20230604_200802.jpg

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How I beat ostreopsis in a few days. If you don't have a uv..

1. Got a 24 watt green killing machine from petco..a 9 watt will be plenty for you
You can order it online to save some money and pick up in store as it's probably in stock.
2. Dosed some microbacter 7 during the process
3. Turkey basted the rocks/frag racks/sand and got them off of glass right at lights out to get them waterborne.
4..and perhaps a key point in removal. I Used a nori clip and a piece of filter floss on front glass out in front of a powerhead overnight. In the morning the filter floss will be covered in them. Take out floss..rinse/squeeze under tap and leave it on a counter or whatever during the day. Put that piece of floss back in there before lights out again and repeat the process. You can use the floss for a few days before replacing it.

The floss was like a moth to flame with the dinos and it was saturated with them for a couple nights and then got less and less. By day 4 or maybe five there were no more. By day 3/
How I beat ostreopsis in a few days. If you don't have a uv..

1. Got a 24 watt green killing machine from petco..a 9 watt will be plenty for you
You can order it online to save some money and pick up in store as it's probably in stock.
2. Dosed some microbacter 7 during the process
3. Turkey basted the rocks/frag racks/sand and got them off of glass right at lights out to get them waterborne.
4..and perhaps a key point in removal. I Used a nori clip and a piece of filter floss on front glass out in front of a powerhead overnight. In the morning the filter floss will be covered in them. Take out floss..rinse/squeeze under tap and leave it on a counter or whatever during the day. Put that piece of floss back in there before lights out again and repeat the process. You can use the floss for a few days before replacing it.

The floss was like a moth to flame with the dinos and it was saturated with them for a couple nights and then got less and less. By day 4 or maybe five there were no more. By day 3/4 they may have been gone but I was sure by day 5.
@billyocean when you mentioned filter floss on a nori clip, do you like set it up right on the powerhead or on the glass across from the powerhead?

Also, to show you that this isn’t a one sided relationship where you just give me advice all the time, how was your coaching this weekend?! See, I pay attention and care about other people too. My wife doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Baby RFA?
20230604_200802.jpg
Rip clean! Who knows what it is. Could be a baby Great White egg or something dastardly! Kill it, drain the tank, clean th sand 100%, bleach all the rock, replace the water 100%, and get new equipment.

Or probably a baby RFA.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rip clean! Who knows what it is. Could be a baby Great White egg or something dastardly! Kill it, drain the tank, clean th sand 100%, bleach all the rock, replace the water 100%, and get new equipment.

Or probably a baby RFA.
Good idea, better safe than sorry, those things could be everywhere!

Maybe just set up a brand new sterile tank and toss this one out!!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good idea, better safe than sorry, those things could be everywhere!

Maybe just set up a brand new sterile tank and toss this one out!!
We don't talk about tossing tanks around here.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Or probably a baby RFA.
Pretty cool anyways. Wonder if that's why my tank seemed cloudy a several weeks ago.

I'm just going to leave them ( think I found another smaller one) be and let nature take it's course. I could possibly move it to a small basket but I'm afraid disturbing it could harm it.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@billyocean when you mentioned filter floss on a nori clip, do you like set it up right on the powerhead or on the glass across from the powerhead?

Also, to show you that this isn’t a one sided relationship where you just give me advice all the time, how was your coaching this weekend?! See, I pay attention and care about other people too. My wife doesn’t know what she’s talking about.
Lol..tell the wife I don't feel that way! Coaching was good and we played well. Played against 2 top 10 teams in GA and played them competitively but alas we were no match to go deep in the tournament. Felt good to get back out there for a tourney though! I just put the clip/floss on front glass in front of where the powerhead blows from the side panel about 1.5 feet away. Circle is about where the clip was..clipped it on sideways and the floss was blowing to the left.

Screenshot_20230604_211909_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230604_211926_Gallery.jpg

Edit..."powerhead" autocorrected to "pothead"..haha

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty cool anyways. Wonder if that's why my tank seemed cloudy a several weeks ago.

I'm just going to leave them ( think I found another smaller one) be and let nature take it's course. I could possibly move it to a small basket but I'm afraid disturbing it could harm it.
Could be.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm it’s hard. It may not actually be Dinos. On that sheet, I’d say it’s nearest the chrysophyte. I don’t see any movement, looks like small motionless golden yellowish spheres without much structure in the middle. Here’s the best pic I can get at 250x

17CE3F90-7BED-43C3-BE84-F3BF8CEF8EDE.jpeg
5271C51C-6F7C-4CC8-862A-A1C47A85BBE8.png
You need a proper identification. I will DM you something.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back