SbReeflight sBAR to APEX 0-10V issues

Dsantamaria29

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2017
Messages
147
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am cross posting this from the Neptune forum looking for help.

Recently I acquired an SBReef LED bar and attempted to hook it up to 0-10v port. I followed the wiring via a video on YouTube by SBReef. When I plugged it in I noticed that the dimmer was not working and it ended up frying my ports and melted a resistor off the RJ45 ports. There are 4 wires that go from the driver to the potentiometer board.

On / off
VCC
0-10
Ground

It looks like when hooked up the way the video explains that the driver sends power to the APEX. I’m told this is incorrect and the APEX is supposed to send the signal to the driver.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
 
I attached images of the potentiometer board and the driver

0F0731D6-A59B-4D38-A3E1-D453FD2431C6.jpeg EEB62227-7F31-4148-9524-87CE269E03E2.jpeg 9C30B4F0-6FB3-47EE-9F8C-B883B202E78D.jpeg 839B53FE-424B-4CD5-B526-21F8F9B623CD.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new