SC Dynamite & Cherry Sour. My 2 fav chalices in my tank right now.

J-Dog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking chalices, but I can't justify spending that kind of dough. I would be sick to my stomach if something happened and I lost it :beated:

OP
OP
Nuocmam

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping it on the sandbed off to the right near the glass under an ATI PowerModule. Feeding Fauna Marin lps pellets.

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a piece of sc dynamite and cc cherry sour too. Colors on them is awesome...sorry no camera, no pic.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here are mine:
Dynamite:
IMG_2904%20%281%29.jpg

Cherry Sour
IMG_2948%20%282%29.jpg

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dynamite is like half the size of yours and I have every color in the rainbow on mine. Kinda surpirsed to see no other colors in the eyes and rim. Sweet pieces regardless!!

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some terribad pics, but here is mine:

dynamite.jpg

dyna2.jpg

Def my fav chalice hands down, puts the BPC to shame

fish13.jpg

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My dynamite is like half the size of yours and I have every color in the rainbow on mine. Kinda surpirsed to see no other colors in the eyes and rim. Sweet pieces regardless!!

I know right! I was a bit disappointed when I got it considering the price I paid. I was promised the colors would come in... so far just a small amount of color splashing, heres hoping it grows in soon.

The Cherry Sour I got only had a small amount of blue in it... so again that one has to grow out to get the blue to spread.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right! I was a bit disappointed when I got it considering the price I paid. I was promised the colors would come in... so far just a small amount of color splashing, heres hoping it grows in soon.

One of the things I like most about the dynamite is the fact that it has large areas of uniform color. IMO when a chalice gets too many colors in too small an area, it just looks muddy (IMO). I'll snap a pic of my frag later tonight when I get home. Probably one of my favorite corals that I have bought in quite a long time!

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing muddy about my frag lol. I agree with you, though; one of my favorite corals I've purchased in a long, long time. This one truly does live up to the hype.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a shot of my dynamite frag from tonight.

IMG_0557-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that dynamite is sick! looks like it's a fast grower too :) hopefully in a year i'll be able to afford a chunk

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice SD! Looks very good. Did your blue and green just pop out of the red were its at, or was it there already and grew out?

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read in several threads where Chalice prices were discussed, and posted in them, $200 per eye for a Chalice that I would barley pay $50 for the whole colony. Buttt, when you are talking about the SC Dynamite Chalice, I am here to eat a bit of crow, that is one sweettt Chalice and well worth the money. My tank will suffer for lack of coral purchases, but I think I am going to have to save my $$$ till I get this coral. Very nice pics by all of a great coral.I have a few test Chalices in my tank right now, and if they do good, who knows, maybe.

Last edited:

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice SD! Looks very good. Did your blue and green just pop out of the red were its at, or was it there already and grew out?

The tiny spots of blue were already there when I got it.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man that dynamite is sick! looks like it's a fast grower too :) hopefully in a year i'll be able to afford a chunk

I think it is, and I think it will be, which is great! I've said it before... most expensive chalices that have been around along time IMO are probably still expensive because they suck, LOL. They aren't hardy, they don't grow quickly, and/or people are always trying to cut tiny frags of them that don't make it. I have no problem spending money on a fast growing, hardy, beautiful coral. I don't really much care about it holding its "value".

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Full frame

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back