OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its leaking from the main tank into the overflow area? That is a bummer. I had the same issue with my 120g tank and I just lived with it. Fortunately, I had no plumbing leaks and the leak was slow enough I could have replaced a bulkhead without too much mess if I would have needed to.
Yea into the overflow. I was bummed out cause I had the sand and rocks the way I wanted. I tested for water leaks but never thought to test the overflow. I too had no leaking in plumbing but my concern was if I go away for 1-2 weeks and your return pump fails, you will flood 100 gallons of water into your sump. So being that the tank is still under warranty, it’s best to replace it now and not have to worry about it. Was your tank from sc aquariums?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea into the overflow. I was bummed out cause I had the sand and rocks the way I wanted. I tested for water leaks but never thought to test the overflow. I too had no leaking in plumbing but my concern was if I go away for 1-2 weeks and your return pump fails, you will flood 100 gallons of water into your sump. So being that the tank is still under warranty, it’s best to replace it now and not have to worry about it. Was your tank from sc aquariums?
No, that one was a Marineland I believe. I bought it used so can't say for certain.

I wasn't worried about possibility of a return pump failure since my standpipes were so high. I used a 55g sump that was only half full normally so plenty of room for the extra water.

But, like you said, its under warranty and now is definitely time to do it. Much easier than trying to come up with a fix after adding livestock.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update... waiting on new tank to arrive. My overflow was leaking into the tank so contacted seller and new tank will arrive next week.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank is up and I have started the cycle with ATM Colony on 2/15. It is now day 4 and I am showing little ammonia, 0 nitrates and nitrites. Here is my current fish list:

1- purple tang
1 - Powder Blue tang
1- Yellow tang
1- mystery wrasse
1- yellow coris wrasse
1- cleaner wrasse
1- 6 line wrasse
1 - Cigar Wrasse
2- Fire fish
2 clowns
3 lyretail anthias

2/18- No ammonia , nitrates or Nitrites detected.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on tank.. fish pics:

IMG_3759.JPG
IMG_3760.JPG
IMG_3761.JPG
IMG_3762.JPG

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick tank Update:
Tank is doing well. I have 11 fish :

powder blue tang
purple tang
yellow tang
3 lyretail anthias
2 wrasse
2 clown
1 firefish

I also have a about 15-16 pieces of coral.

IMG_3924.JPG
IMG_3925.JPG
IMG_3926.JPG
IMG_3928.JPG
IMG_3929.JPG
IMG_3930.JPG
IMG_3932.JPG
IMG_3933.JPG
IMG_3934.JPG

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How are you managing the larger water changes , any updates to the mixing station?

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How are you managing the larger water changes , any updates to the mixing station?
I do 25-30 gallons water change every 2 weeks. I live in a apartment so Its a PITA.. I have to take everything out my closet, make water and break everything back down.. PS Can't wait till one day when I have room to set it and forget it.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do same but now I bought a BRUTE 44 gallon with a dolly for less than $100 and I placed my RODI under my kitchen sink. All I have to do is hook it up to my kitchen faucet with an adapter and place the blue link in the brute and mix with salt. They also sell other sizes like a 32 gallon. Here is the link

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ru...rash-can-with-lid-and-dolly/690FG44TCYEK.html
Place is very limited. Wife said no lol to under sink. As far as like a 32 gallon bucket I also have no place in a apartment to store it.

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place is very limited. Wife said no lol to under sink. As far as like a 32 gallon bucket I also have no place in a apartment to store it.

Take a look at the Ikea base cabinets . You get to customize the dimensions (somewhat) and then you can exclude the base piece from the built and add a back support. Then you’ll be able to slide in the 32 gallon underneath and PLuS you have a nice counter top area to work on / frag/ or just extra shelf space around the house. You also have dozens of door colors to pick from. I’m doing this, basically an enclosure for my water mixing station.

My wife always asking me what the heck I am going to do with the two large water drums in the dining area if I get a Bigger tank...and that’s my answer.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would do a quick update.. I recently got a few more corals and fish.. I started to dose AquaForest KH Buffer to get my alk demand up and also just for my AquaForest Component 123.. Here are a few shots of the corals.
IMG_3983.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG
IMG_4012.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4019.JPG
IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_4051.JPG
IMG_4055.JPG
IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4058.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back