• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SCA 301

Manaz101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, selling this used SCA 301. I purchased this new and have used it in my 40Breeder for about a year now. Nothing is wrong with it what so ever, just can't keep up with my bioload. Once I got it tuned to my water height, it pulled out some nasty looking stuff every couple of days. I just don't have the time to be cleaning the collection cup so often, so I purchased a bigger skimmer with larger collection cup. [emoji16]

Asking $65 shipped CONUS.

If local to Central Florida area, let me know and we can work something out locally, for a reduced price.
844fd82883d562d22767a6a39c2ac026.jpg
9ff41d7d9cef99c0953588c29d78d7f1.jpg

OP
OP
Manaz101

Manaz101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in this skimmer what size tank is it rated for
They're website says up to 65 gallons. Perfect for smaller tanks with a sump.

www.scaquariums.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37511

Description

Model# SCA-301This skimmer is designed to work for salt water tanks up to 65 Gallons of salt water.Collection Cup comes with drain tube.Air Silencer is included.Removable cup for convenient cleaning and maintenance.Skimmer Size: 4.25" L x 7" W x 17" H6 Levels of water flow adjustmentsA 28watt, 1380 Liter/Hour flow Power Head pump is included.Pump specs: 110-120V/60Hz 28watt, (1380 L/h)

ajnoplay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're website says up to 65 gallons. Perfect for smaller tanks with a sump.

www.scaquariums.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37511

Description

Model# SCA-301This skimmer is designed to work for salt water tanks up to 65 Gallons of salt water.Collection Cup comes with drain tube.Air Silencer is included.Removable cup for convenient cleaning and maintenance.Skimmer Size: 4.25" L x 7" W x 17" H6 Levels of water flow adjustmentsA 28watt, 1380 Liter/Hour flow Power Head pump is included.Pump specs: 110-120V/60Hz 28watt, (1380 L/h)

I pmd yiu

OP
OP
Manaz101

Manaz101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if it's much better than the coralife 65 skimmer? Also noise levels?
Not gonna lie, there is vibration noise from this skimmer, but it's not super loud luke other skimmers. I purchased one of those silicone drying mats and placed it under the skimmer and it cut down noise like heck!
Not sure if that answered your question or not.

GAcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way better! I've had both and never got to get any skimate from the coralife, might be never dialed correctly but still, not so much surprised. When I started with the sca it was deeper than it should but when I found the sweet spot it produced nice skimate, to be honest, manufacturer should have designed a bigger cup for this skimmer, once it starts pulling junk it gets lots. There's even a little mod to do for it, on the output for the pump, it's supposedly done to increase water/air contact.
How I hate to have nuked my last phone where I had pics, if I find some in my pc I'll definitely post them.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 76 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.0%
Back