SCAA Representative

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be doing my best to represent the club many of know and are a part of. I've got the go-ahead from DKRST (the custodian of the club) so until we get a seperate page up, I'll be posting all South Carolina Aquaria Assosation meeting info in this thread. Without further ado, here are the upcoming events (at the time):

Club Meetings:
- October: Thursday 10/11/2018 6:15pm-7:30pm - Carolina Garden World, Spartanburg SC.
- November: Saturday 11/10/2018 4pm-5:30pm - Aquarium Specialty, Columbia SC.

Club Meet (major) (CATS 2019)
- January: Sunday 01/27/2019 - USC Upstate Campus Life Center 11am-4pm
This is our big event, I encourage all reefers and freshwater hobbyists alike to come, there will be loads of vendors and people to meet. You'll be seeing me there and as it's the day after my birthday, be sure to bring me loads of coral frags.

CMAC (not our event, but we will be there)
- October: Saturday 10/20/2018 - 206 Jamil Road, Columbia, SC
It'll be a really cool event, be sure to come check out the SCAA club table, I'll be there staffing the table

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post any and all events I hear about here, and if you know of an event that I haven't posted, PM me and I'll post it here.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be looking for vendors for CATS (Carolina aquarium trade show) 2019 at CMAC. If you are or know a vendor who would like to participate, please PM me so that I can add you to the list. Note: price for tables has yet to be established but it’s been a minimal fee in the last few years. The organization is totally non profit and all proceeds benefit children’s hospitals.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CATS 2018 stats:
- 515 paid tickets (as I remember kids get in free)
- 8 frag sellers and 15 tables (I know this is what us saltwater people really care about)
- A huge amount of driftwood (at an awesome price, for you freshwater people)
- Amazing raffles (I can never win a raffle but some very happy people left last year)
- Tables from some really great sponsors such as Cobalt Aquatics

Here is the sign up form for anyone who wants to sell at the event, be sure to reserve a table as they sell out fast: http://carolinaaquaticstradeshow.com/sellers.html

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having a meet on Thursday 10/11/18. Hope we get a good turnout. No vendors at the meet but pre/post meet trades and purchases are welcome. If anyone has something they’d like to trade before the meet post it, I’m sure someone will be happy to add a new frag or piece of equipment to their tank.

Please try to PM me if you plan on coming so I can tell the owner what to expect

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ad placed on the SCAA website:
"redoing the fish room, so I have some tanks I'm giving away.
All hold water and are in decent shape with some hard water stains. Some are drilled.
Good for grow-outs, not so much for display tanks.
There are 4 10 gallon, 2 15 long and 2 20 long. All free."

Thats a lot of free tanks, if you are starting out or looking to, be sure to meet this guy (James) at the meet Thursday

Note: I'm not responsible for him not showing up, he has posted information saying he will attend the meet Thursday and will be bringing the tanks with him.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The topic for the Thursday meet is: "Pond Fish, Plants & Maintenance plus a Q&A. Covering all sizes from 'huge' to a 'barrel on the porch'."

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back