• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Item Price
Scam $free
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, this really has nothing to do with this forum, but just today I got a real, legit email from PayPal saying that so-and-so sent me an invoice for $530 something dollars. I knew that I didn't buy anything or request an invoice for $500+ dollars, and there was a link in the email to report the request to PayPal as a scam, which I obviously did. My point in sharing this here is that these scams are just everywhere now, and everyone needs to be alert to this stuff at all times.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, this really has nothing to do with this forum, but just today I got a real, legit email from PayPal saying that so-and-so sent me an invoice for $530 something dollars. I knew that I didn't buy anything or request an invoice for $500+ dollars, and there was a link in the email to report the request to PayPal as a scam, which I obviously did. My point in sharing this here is that these scams are just everywhere now, and everyone needs to be alert to this stuff at all times.
Um, next time, don't click the link in the email... go to your pp account and report it there.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, next time, don't click the link in the email... go to your pp account and report it there.
You are 1000% right, and I thought about mentioning that! In my case, the email was legit from PayPal, and I was never asked to enter my password or anything like that, which I would never have done. After I posted the above reply, I double checked, and indeed the invoice request has been deleted by PayPal because they say it was likely (most certainly) a scam. But you're totally right, thank you for pointing that out!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back