• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scam alert

Item Price
Scammers
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

juanroseco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are at it again- they act like Nigerian scammers- using clone numbers and emails- my security thank God - stop me from closing a deal. They got into my pm and said they had a death in the family and needed to rehome a fish- which happened to be the one I was looking for, lol . Anywho be on the lookout.

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Trolled them for a while.
Just a heads up, I would not use your real number to troll scammers. I love messing with them as much as the next guy. However, recently there have been reports on scammers swatting peoples houses.

In today’s day and age it is very simple to find someone’s identity, where they live etc all through their phone number. If you want to mess with them I’d recommend using a fake number.

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"dear 911. Please kindly with warm regards send a swat team. Please do the needful."

The thing is people just need to stop falling for this stuff, it's the golden age of scamming right now to an absolutely scary degree and it's not going away anytime soon. Investment "pig butchering" type scams accounted for like $4 billion in 2022 shipped to these overseas scam factories (which run on human trafficked man power). Learn to spot these things from a mile away, protect yourselves, this is a huge and powerful business at this point and you will continue to be hit with it from all sides for the foreseeable future. Banning accounts doesn't matter, berating the operators doesn't matter, "getting them back" doesn't work. Often the person you are dealing with is essentially a slave that does this for 18 hours a day trying to earn enough money to buy his or her freedom. The only way to get it to go away is to make it less profitable.

Last edited:

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"dear 911. Please kindly with warm regards send a swat team. Please do the needful."

The thing is people just need to stop falling for this stuff, it's the golden age of scamming right now to an absolutely scary degree and it's not going away anytime soon. Investment "pig butchering" type scams accounted for like $4 billion in 2022 shipped to these overseas scam factories (which run on human trafficked man power). Learn to spot these things from a mile away, protect yourselves, this is a huge and powerful business at this point and you will continue to be hit with it from all sides for the foreseeable future. Banning accounts doesn't matter, berating the operators doesn't matter, "getting them back" doesn't work. Often the person you are dealing with is essentially a slave that does this for 28 hours a day trying to earn enough money to buy his or her freedom. The only way to get it to go away is to make it less profitable.
No no silly, I’m talking about a ticked off scammer figuring out where you live. (Easily in 2024) Calling 911 with a fake report and sending a swat team to your house. Claiming someone is being held hostage.
People have been killed by police from exactly that aka “swatting” There’s a reason swatting has become a federal offense in America…… that or they sell your number to other scammers and before you know it you’re receiving spam calls 24/7. Just a heads up, but you do you boo boo.

This is from 2016, it’s only become more and more prevalent as time goes on.

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im confused, did you mean to respond to me? Everything I said supports not trying to "get back" at them through some stupid engagement. The only way to protect yourselves from scams is to learn what they look like and avoid them.

ChrisPPolys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanda Sykes Witch GIF by Crank Yankers

Yeah, I was responding to you, I must have misunderstood you your statement. My bad.
I couldn’t agree more that the best thing to do is just hang up.
Or use a fake generated number to harass them, but never use your own.

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah maybe that part was too much. Just trying to lampoon the obvious tells that always exist in these messages. I wasn't implying that it wouldn't/doesn't work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back