• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scammer alert: User name: pgravis

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this well known member @pgravis
1652151125493.png

used someone else's post of selling a cc inferno nem , https://www.reef2reef.com/classifieds/sold-cc-inferno.6258/
I contacted him, and was told the linage was legit. So I paid with paypal friend and family transfer. I normally don't do that, and always very careful with scammers, but since he is a well know member, and I did buy a lot of things from wk members with paypal FF payment, never had any issues. so I made the payment right away.
when I came back to the selling post, I saw someone mentioned, the photos and descriptions were from someone else's, I pmed him again, ever since that he never answered any of my pms.... I waited till now to write this thread, as we agreed on shipping on monday (today), but he never answered back nor gave me the tracking no. I will assume he is a scammer. dont know a scammer can also be a well known member.... well known for what?? fraud? cheating?
anyways, just be careful next time you see this name. or if he changes his username, just look for
Venmo
@Precious-Mitchell-10
Precious Mitchell

paypal
[email protected]
[email protected]

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's clearly stated in the forum rules that buying via "friends and family" is not allowed.

"Sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to send payment as a gift (this includes PayPal's Friends and Family option, Venmo, Western Union, or any other option that sends funds with no protection to the buyer)."

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's clearly stated in the forum rules that buying via "friends and family" is not allowed.

"Sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to send payment as a gift (this includes PayPal's Friends and Family option, Venmo, Western Union, or any other option that sends funds with no protection to the buyer)."
i understand, tbh I had 2,3 other cases which the sellers asked for paypal ff payment, but they looked a lot more scammer like and I cancelled the trades right away.
but this id joined the forum since 2009, I mean, I talked with a lot of other long term r2r members, and we did trade with ff payment as they requested, even with DOA, we still managed to work things out. I know this time, this guy is a straight off scammer, the only thing I can do is telling ppl to watch out.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i understand, tbh I had 2,3 other cases which the sellers asked for paypal ff payment, but they looked a lot more scammer like and I cancelled the trades right away.
but this id joined the forum since 2009, I mean, I talked with a lot of other long term r2r members, and we did trade with ff payment as they requested, even with DOA, we still managed to work things out. I know this time, this guy is a straight off scammer, the only thing I can do is telling ppl to watch out.

sorry to hear. I think the well known member is just something auto assigned after you have so many posts or maybe age of account or something.

if they insist on FF then offer to pay the fee and if they still don’t want to make the sale.. something is up.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man! I'm sorry to see this happened. We believe this user's account was hacked. We've taken action to ensure this can't happen again with this account. I'll escalate this, but honestly, with payment sent as F&F, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done.

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this well known member @pgravis
1652151125493.png

used someone else's post of selling a cc inferno nem , https://www.reef2reef.com/classifieds/sold-cc-inferno.6258/
I contacted him, and was told the linage was legit. So I paid with paypal friend and family transfer. I normally don't do that, and always very careful with scammers, but since he is a well know member, and I did buy a lot of things from wk members with paypal FF payment, never had any issues. so I made the payment right away.
when I came back to the selling post, I saw someone mentioned, the photos and descriptions were from someone else's, I pmed him again, ever since that he never answered any of my pms.... I waited till now to write this thread, as we agreed on shipping on monday (today), but he never answered back nor gave me the tracking no. I will assume he is a scammer. dont know a scammer can also be a well known member.... well known for what?? fraud? cheating?
anyways, just be careful next time you see this name. or if he changes his username, just look for
Venmo
@Precious-Mitchell-10
Precious Mitchell

paypal
[email protected]
[email protected]
I never send anything using friends and family but there is a way to protect yourself for the future. You can link a credit card to your PayPal account and dispute any transition that ends up being a scam. I use the Apple credit card but I'm sure many other credit cards can also be linked. This gives added protection to payments sent via friends and family and goods and services.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
Back