• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scam alert, user name: Pgravis

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this well known member @pgravis
1652151125493.png
used someone else's post of selling a cc inferno nem , https://www.reef2reef.com/classifieds/sold-cc-inferno.6258/
I contacted him, and was told the linage was legit. So I paid with paypal friend and family transfer. I normally don't do that, and always very careful with scammers, but since he is a well know member, and I did buy a lot of things from wk members with paypal FF payment, never had any issues. so I made the payment right away.
when I came back to the selling post, I saw someone mentioned, the photos and descriptions were from someone else's, I pmed him again, ever since that he never answered any of my pms.... I waited till now to write this thread, as we agreed on shipping on monday (today), but he never answered back nor gave me the tracking no. I will assume he is a scammer. dont know a scammer can also be a well known member.... well known for what?? fraud? cheating?
anyways, just be careful next time you see this name. or if he changes his username, just look for
Venmo
@Precious-Mitchell-10
Precious Mitchell

paypal
[email protected]
[email protected]

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could possibly be that someone got his account so that the person who “sold” the anemone was not the same person who became a well known member. Not trying to beat you up over it but there is a reason the forum rules state not to use Friends and Family.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's clearly posted in the forum rules that selling/buying via "friends and family" is not allowed.
If you paid that way despite this, you only have yourself to blame.
Technically I think the rule is that the seller is not allowed to ask for F&F. I have sent F&F payments on here in the past, but it was only for small items that wouldn’t be a big deal if I didn’t get them.
Obviously a scammer isn’t going to abide by the forum rules, and even with the buyer paying with F&F it is still unfortunate.

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could possibly be that someone got his account so that the person who “sold” the anemone was not the same person who became a well known member. Not trying to beat you up over it but there is a reason the forum rules state not to use Friends and Family.
thanks, its cool, I got beaten up by this scammer. learned it in a hard way.
but I hope his payment ID will hold, so that next time when ppl see the IDs during payment, ppl can protect themselves, just a little bit....

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man! I'm sorry to see this happened. We believe this user's account was hacked. We've taken action to ensure this can't happen again with this account. I'll escalate this, but honestly, with payment sent as F&F, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done.

I do recommend that you contact PayPal to see if they can do anything. If they've got other reports of scamming with that account, they'll likely at least freeze the account which would keep the funds from being passed to the one scamming.

beardedman11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! I'm sorry to see this happened. We believe this user's account was hacked. We've taken action to ensure this can't happen again with this account. I'll escalate this, but honestly, with payment sent as F&F, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done.

I do recommend that you contact PayPal to see if they can do anything. If they've got other reports of scamming with that account, they'll likely at least freeze the account which would keep the funds from being passed to the one scamming.
Can I send you a message regarding account being hacked?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back