OP
S

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 jebao wp40 in there at the moment. I don't think I'll need anything extra for flow. those things move some water!

Thanks for the kind words...

OP
OP
S

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, another busy weekend. I got my 2 radion gen 3 pros in..... *dont hate* :)

I built the light fixture but am waiting on a hanging kit to come in,so it's sitting on boards until then.... I moved everything from my existing setup. I have 100 lbs of live rock curing so everything is in a temp location until I decide on the aquascape... Ignore the "Nuvo38" tag on the pic. That came from my webcam that I had setup previously...

Oh, and if you're wanting a review of neptune fusion and radion.... it's awesome!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

MantisReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could we please get step by step directions or a link to how you made the concert slab.
Tank looks great.

OP
OP
S

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually not a hard diy. The surecrete comes in 55lb bags, dye, and a liquid modifier. You build your mold and make sure it's level and cut to the right dimensions. (obviously).. lol. Once done, you take 1gal of modifier and mix in the dye in a 5gal bucket. Mix it with a drill paddle for a little bit. Pour in 3/4 of the surecrete powder...mix some more. Toss a bit of water (4oz) and the rest of the powder....mix until it's mixed good. Pour into the mold and trowel level. My slab took 4x 5 gallon mixes of concrete. It dries in 4 hours. I demolded it in 5 hours. Let it sit for an hour and then lifted it to the stand (with help of course). 4 of us moved the slab. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

Poured concrete in mold...

Placed on stand and setup tank...

View of the detail in the slab....there's some white in the concrete. That's the sealer that wasn't dry yet. It dries clear. Still have some more sealing to do...

OP
OP
S

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple update shots from this morning...

Full tank shot

Sump area... Still have some cleaning up to do with the wires (work in progress)

OP
OP
S

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! A ton of hard work and money went into this build. I truly wanted to do it right from the beginning. I had a few systems in the past that were just a pain to deal with. This tank is very easy and self maintaining. Everything is automated thanks to an apex and two litermeters. I'll have to get my photogragher over to take some more detailed pics of the hardware. I have an led coming in for the sump and that's all that's remaining. I need to post some of the acrylic doors as well. They are smoked acrylic. Can see thru them and have a "ghost" look at the equipment. Very slick!

The below pics are a bit old, but gives more detail on the slab. You can see the glow stones glowing in the second one!

Last edited:

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very creative setup you have there. My favorite part is the slab you made. My second favorite is the black sand, as someone else mentioned it makes the corals pop. Great job all around, this is easily one of my favorite tanks here on R2R.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't see any powerhed there vhere you hiding it very nice setup , slab is perfect.

OP
OP
S

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slab was a total original idea. Came out way better than I expected. Doing a peninsula, I didn't want the power head showing. I have a Jabao wp40 tucked in the corner of the overflow. Just one power head is more than enough flow for that tank. I can't even put it in full speed. Lol

Scott.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back