Schedule 40 PVC electrical conduit

I don't see any problems. Same stuff different color. Unless it has something added to it in production?
 
I have used it, no issues. In my mind it's the same as Rubbermaid barrels we all use for mixing, ymmv.

The electrical has additional UV stabilizers so it can be utilized in exterior conduit applications vs white DWV. It (grey) is not potable approved (lack of testing), as noted.

Not to be confused with sch 80 that is dark grey.
 
For drain lines to waste (sewer) it's fine.

I wouldn't use it for circulating water as it is not rated for potable drinking water.

You’re thinking of DWV pipe which is also fine for over-flow side use.
 
Yeah this would be for a bean overflow to a basement filter room. 3 x 1.5” drains and 1 x 1” return line.
 
I’ve used the gray PVC electrical conduit on both pressure and drain lines for years. Mostly because I like the sweep elbows as opposed to 90 degree elbows. Plus it’s got the built in slip connectors. The non potable thing is a red herring.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I have used it before for bits and pieces where a fitting was needed but never an entire run. I wonder why it is not more commonly used. I guess most are scared to use since it is not listed for potable use.
 
I’ve used the gray PVC electrical conduit on both pressure and drain lines for years. Mostly because I like the sweep elbows as opposed to 90 degree elbows. Plus it’s got the built in slip connectors. The non potable thing is a red herring.
Yeah those sweeps are nice. Thanks for the feedback.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new