SCMAS Virtual meeting on Zoom August 21

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCMAS is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: SCMAS August Virtual Club Meeting

Time: Aug 21, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/94842988934?pwd=aXJJc2VrWE01SlBxenFOWk1OUjN0QT09

Meeting ID: 948 4298 8934
Passcode: SCMAS

Guest Speaker: Jake Adams of Reef Builders

Jake Adams has been an avid marine aquarist since the mid 90s and has worked in the retail side of the marine aquarium trade for more than ten years. He has a bachelor’s degree in Marine Science and has been the managing editor of ReefBuilders.com since 2008. Jake is interested in every facet of the marine aquarium hobby from the concepts to the technology, rare fish to exotic corals, and his interests are well documented through a very prolific career of speaking to reef clubs and marine aquarium events, and writing articles for aquarium publications across the globe. His primary interest is in corals which Jake pursues in the aquarium hobby as well as diving the coral reefs of the world.

IvanW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A huge shout out to Jake Adams, especially about his tip on using Sodium Hydroxide, that stuff rules. I have been carpet bombing my rock work killing the Mojano’s that I allowed to get totally out of control. I did not really have to worry about coral as that got wiped out a while ago. I should be done in the next few days and then I can start hitting you guys up for some coral.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back