Scoly and Zoas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scottiemac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scottiemac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
251
Reaction score
108
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this guys' tank who had a Zoa garden, and right in the middle was a very healthy looking Scoly.

I want to do something like this, but had always believed Zoas can be a bit aggressive. Is this not the case?
 
I saw this guys' tank who had a Zoa garden, and right in the middle was a very healthy looking Scoly.

I want to do something like this, but had always believed Zoas can be a bit aggressive. Is this not the case?
Some can be Aggressive growers for sure….can over take a tank.

But I do not believe zoas are aggressive in the way your thinking. They don’t attack their neighbors - i would say most corals would attack them.

Maybe palythoas but I would think that’s only true palys and it’s due to the toxin they carry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new