Scoly care? I need some advice :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahiggins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
3,397
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you take care of your scoly?
Obviously stable parameters but feeding and how much? What do you feed?
 
Sweet. I just brought mine home tonight and he had his tentacles out so he ate two big pe mysis. He's only 1.5" or so. He still had them out but I didn't want to overdo it if I wasn't supposed to feed a lot lol
He's sitting on a 3" frag disk.
IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0259.JPG
 
Might wanna b careful of it sitting that close to ur hammer they put out stingers sometimes at night. Will def. harm ur scoly.
 
Might wanna b careful of it sitting that close to ur hammer they put out stingers sometimes at night. Will def. harm ur scoly.
I did not know that! Thanks :D
the top down shot doesnt show that the hammer is like 3" higher on the rockwork and I do plan on moving him after acclimation.
 
Mine loves low flow, a bit lower light and a nice variety spectrum. I do not feed it directly very often, but it is a nutrient rich tank.
 
Mine loves low flow, a bit lower light and a nice variety spectrum. I do not feed it directly very often, but it is a nutrient rich tank.
:)
Quick question, when you say "nutrient rich" do you mean nitrates? or do you mean healthy with pods/critters?
 
I find my do well in moderate flow with low to moderate lighting. I feed mine at night as they seems to have better long term responses to it.
 
High nutrient means lots of everything really. Lots of critters and some detritus and nitrates. Nothing crazy on nitrates, just a bit dirtier than the standard sps system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new