Scoly/sponge

Davesreef’s

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Messages
107
Reaction score
45
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious what’s growing under my scolymia. And if I should get rid of it or not worry
20260514_150111_E8692909-A90A-4779-B967-22D82F8BAB7B.png


20260514_150113_F51349D4-591D-4C60-922E-E4D880FD3984.png


 
I second that, it’s harmless, sponges are something you want and they rarely bother corals unless its a fast growing one that can grow over corals which eventually smother them but its rare in my opinion to get that kind of growth
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new