Sponge ID

docscorals

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
684
Reaction score
621
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not great with IDing sponges so hoping someone can help with this sponge growing up under part of one of my zoa gardens. It looks like it is going to start impacting the Zoas.

Is this a sponge I need to worry about? Is there something I can add to the tank that will eat it? Note, this is a 25 gallon nano, so I’m likely needing an invert over a fish.
20260824_210453_34602165-E745-463F-BA86-058EB652688A.png
 
The frag isn’t a full plug, I clipped the post off. It’s more on the rock the plug is attached to. I’ll need to think through clipping it off because I don’t want it spreading. The rock is the base of the main structure in the tank so I’m hoping to not have to pull the entire thing out.
 
The frag isn’t a full plug, I clipped the post off. It’s more on the rock the plug is attached to. I’ll need to think through clipping it off because I don’t want it spreading. The rock is the base of the main structure in the tank so I’m hoping to not have to pull the entire thing out.
Inject with hydrogen peroxide should do it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new