Scolymolia has air bubble stuck in it!

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
1,477
Location
Akron, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. My scolymolia has a big air bubble in it. No idea how this happened as it has not been exposed to air.

What do I do?!?

Is this a normal part of splitting? I have had it for 10+ years and got it when it was pretty big so I imagine it is VERY old.

Is this not normal and I will have to preform air bubble surgery? I tried putting the scoly upside down with the bubble under the mouth to force the air bubble out the mouth and it seemed like it worked but the bubble came back. I don't want to continue trying to get the bubble out if I know this is normal part of the corals growth.

Could use some help here! No idea what to do.
Thank you :-)

air buble.jpg
 
Likely not air bubble but skeletal formation. One of mine have the same
 
The thing is when I moved the scoly upside down the bubble seemed to escape through the mouth. Your response is definitely calming me down a bit.
 
Have you tried spot feeding the scoly so it extends its tentacles? Maybe this would help release it? Just an idea.
 
When it inflates during the day you can't see the bubble to well. I would be more worried if it was not eating and opening up but still doing its normal thing everyday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new