Scopas Tang doesn’t eat nori

markushio40b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve added a new Scopas Tang to my tank thought they enjoyed the nori sheets to snack on. I’ve purchased the Omega Green and he doesn’t even give it a second look. He has however been eating Frozen Brine Shrimp, Frozen Blood Worms, and even half Clams from my puffer. Should I try a sinking pellet or the Omega Red? I know it’s a learning curve, but would hate to buy a lot of different foods for no reason.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve added a new Scopas Tang to my tank thought they enjoyed the nori sheets to snack on. I’ve purchased the Omega Green and he doesn’t even give it a second look. He has however been eating Frozen Brine Shrimp, Frozen Blood Worms, and even half Clams from my puffer. Should I try a sinking pellet or the Omega Red? I know it’s a learning curve, but would hate to buy a lot of different foods for no reason.
Sometimes it takes them a little bit to start eating the nori. I’ve had several zebrasoma tangs that wouldn’t eat nori right away but devour it now.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes it takes them a little bit to start eating the nori. I’ve had several zebrasoma tangs that wouldn’t eat nori right away but devour it now.
I was coming to say the same thing. Fish are not always as smart as you’d assume, sometimes it takes a while to figure out that’s food on that clip. He will notice it someday.
If the clip doesn’t work and you don’t want the nori going to waste, rubber band it to a piece of rubble and leave it in the sand bed. The tang might feel more confident picking it off a rock and if he’s not getting it right away, at least your clean up crew will snack on it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back