Scopus tang being a prick..

JeepTj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just added a Xanthurus Angelfish and the scopus tang is much attacking it with its tail like its lunch … now I have a hippo a sailfin and the scopus and they get along fine, along with my coral beauty without problems... just the dang scopus don't like the new Angel.. anything I can do short of making a disaster and removing the scopus? cause honestly I like the angel better LOL

its a 135 gallon biggest thing is the sailfin right now at about 5 inches long..

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just added a Xanthurus Angelfish and the scopus tang is much attacking it with its tail like its lunch … now I have a hippo a sailfin and the scopus and they get along fine, along with my coral beauty without problems... just the dang scopus don't like the new Angel.. anything I can do short of making a disaster and removing the scopus? cause honestly I like the angel better LOL

its a 135 gallon biggest thing is the sailfin right now at about 5 inches long..

Time is of the essence. Remove the Scopas or the angel ASAP or the angel may get killed.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be rubbernecking at a car crash, but any ‘Tang trying to kill my Angel’ photos? Call me a ‘visual learner’... (lol)...

OP
OP
J

JeepTj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just what makes me confused is what makes this angel different then the coral beauty... which has no issues with..

seems to have calmed down after the pile of chasing the scopus to get it out .. they are at either sides of the tank now... the scopus is were the seaweed clip is now.. il still try and get it out... but thank god all I got is my 3 RBTA's to worry about lol

basically seems that unless they cross paths at the moment .. they aren't going looking for eachother to cause a fight. more just a quick get out of here chase now when they do cross paths..

Last edited:

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of it has to do in the order in which they were added. If the CB was already in the tank before the Scopas or added at around the same time, the Scopas may view it simply as another established fish, new additions on the other hand are often viewed as a "threat/competiton." If the fish in question is on the more aggressive side it will treat any new addition as an intruder. It also probably doesn't help that it is closer in coloration to it's own.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back