Naso Tang, help me out here

  • Thread starter Thread starter huthain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You have good choice for your tank which are also able to dwell happily such as flame tomini tang. lavender, convict, kole tang (great algae eater), lavendar as examples
I know, we don't get some of those here though unfortunately. Right now im thinking, purple, hippo and if I can get my hand on white tail bristle tooth if not a kole tang. The other one I liked is sailfin but also get huge. Convict I heard can be *****! The Naso is the one I really fell in love with though :(
 
Tangs don't seem to get anywhere near wild size in my tanks. My regular naso has been with me for 10 years and is maybe 9 inches but very thick. I think if you don't over stock one could do well in a 6ft tank. Mine does not swim laps but just cruises around constantly begging for food. Its a very peaceful fish. Mine is a 7ft but 30" deep which helps.
 
I know, we don't get some of those here though unfortunately. Right now im thinking, purple, hippo and if I can get my hand on white tail bristle tooth if not a kole tang. The other one I liked is sailfin but also get huge. Convict I heard can be *****! The Naso is the one I really fell in love with though :(
Gem tang also stay under 6". I just noticed your country of origin. Your selection may be more limited but do research potential growth in captivity. There are tangs where ive seen suggested growth sizes which were half of that. Biggest tangs I see in captivity are Orange shoulder, Dussomieri, Sohal, Vlamingi, unicorn, Hepatus (mine 10") and sailfin as examples
 
Its like you trying to get approval from here to buy a fish, id say you want it you get it! 6ft is plenty for a naso/blonde fish. My 9" naso is in 8ft tank. And I'd like it to get bigger but it not getting bigger. I want that fish to get like 11-12"
 
Tangs don't seem to get anywhere near wild size in my tanks. My regular naso has been with me for 10 years and is maybe 9 inches but very thick. I think if you don't over stock one could do well in a 6ft tank. Mine does not swim laps but just cruises around constantly begging for food. Its a very peaceful fish. Mine is a 7ft but 30" deep which helps.
I absolutely agree with this! I thought my yellow tang and my Achilles tank where at maximum size until I snorkeled in hiwaii. My tangs are no where near maximum size. And they are 8-9 years with me. At same time I have seeing some maximum size naso tangs.... those are huge! Like close to 20"
 
Gem tang also stay under 6". I just noticed your country of origin. Your selection may be more limited but do research potential growth in captivity. There are tangs where ive seen suggested growth sizes which were half of that. Biggest tangs I see in captivity are Orange shoulder, Dussomieri, Sohal, Vlamingi, unicorn, Hepatus (mine 10") and sailfin as examples
So gem tangs here cost around 800$ yellow goes for 500. White tail goes for 200.
The other tangs are reasonably priced but the common ones we get here are, kole tangs, purple, yellow, naso, brown, hippo, sailfin I believe. We do get some other varieties but not too common though.

On the other hand I see orenis cost a kidney there, over here its just 100$
 
Its like you trying to get approval from here to buy a fish, id say you want it you get it! 6ft is plenty for a naso/blonde fish. My 9" naso is in 8ft tank. And I'd like it to get bigger but it not getting bigger. I want that fish to get like 11-12"
Im trying to see if I can get a juvenile most shops tend to bring them at over 8 or 9 inches here
 
Im trying to see if I can get a juvenile most shops tend to bring them at over 8 or 9 inches here
Get a regular as blondes have been low success rate the last 2 years
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new