Score!!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local hobbyist, tearing down his tank and moving, made me a very happy camper, the other day.

I went over to check out what he had available

5807744535_57d7cc9167_b.jpg

asside from 2 basketball sized Green Slimers and a beautiful Milli, I was thrilled to see an Oregon Tort COLONY!! Unfortunately, in order to get it, I had to take the entire rock, which also included a giant green with purple rimmed Monti cap and a decent sized colony of ORA Miami Orchid, along with tons of Pom Pom Xenia and some Majano anemone...grrr.

5807745697_b33005e7be_b.jpg

What the heck, I already have Majano, in my 200, along with a Matted Filefish, who's been doing an amazing job, for the past 3 weeks, of eradicating the pesky Majanos. Besides, all the colonies came off the rock and were separated, prior to going in my tank.

In it's new home...

5807616187_8bdfd6d8ba_b.jpg

Hundreds of mini brittle stars were all over the rock, as I was removing the colonies, so those were an added bonus. The rock is now outside, sans the 3 SPS colonies. Majano and Pom Pom Xenia can rot away...lol. I'll let the rock completely die, then get it cycled to re-use. It's a beautifully shaped piece, at least 15 pounds.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score, wish I could find something like that. I have always loved the green slimers, those things are huge too. I actually like the look of the pusling xenia too.

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great score for sure,awesome Oregon tort colony.you have to love scoring like that when someone is breaking down.this weekend I scored a 9"x5" red planet colony from a buddy tearing down his tank,it is a perfect plate and looks sweet in my tank.

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few nice scores, but nothing that nice! lucky!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 82 71.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back