***ScottR’s RS 500P Build***

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( Still am, first batch of vaccines arrived 4 days ago but not available to the general public yet. China’s just made it easier for foreigners from certain countries to enter..... IF they get a China produced vaccine which TW’s not too keen on. You know, the regime there aren’t exactly the most accommodating when it comes to issues of “national sovereignty.”

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( Still am, first batch of vaccines arrived 4 days ago but not available to the general public yet. China’s just made it easier for foreigners from certain countries to enter..... IF they get a China produced vaccine which TW’s not too keen on. You know, the regime there aren’t exactly the most accommodating when it comes to issues of “national sovereignty.”
Haha. If I comment on this with an opinion tilted the wrong way, I will be jailed for life.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acro that wants to be polyps only.......
371756C3-2CFC-495B-A0CC-41D606258712.jpeg

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like some kind of Frostbite.

Personally not a fan of anything but naturally occurring “designer” varieties or at most crosses between naturally occurring species, but hey to each their own.

Personally I’d be happy with an orange paired with a Black and White, or a regular Picasso x Darwin.

Not getting a pair?

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Personally not a fan of anything but naturally occurring “designer” varieties or at most crosses between naturally occurring species, but hey to each their own.

Personally I’d be happy with an orange paired with a Black and White, or a regular Picasso x Darwin.

Not getting a pair?
It’s much different than a frostbite. I think they have mostly black spots as opposed to this with orange spots. Honestly, i guess it’s just a mutt. But I’ll pair it if it survives. Just wanted to make sure nothing killed it after it went in. Doing ok so far.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. Are most Clownfish in HK Captive Bred? Is it hard to find non-designer Clowns?
There are lots of breeders here. I got mine from a private breeder. They seem to have been bred like crazy. I see so many different types that I can’t even tell what they are. Most seem to be ocellaris types. Some are really nice but fetch crazy prices.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not getting a pair?
Like this??? :cool::cool::cool::cool:

IMG_1273.jpeg

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. TBH not very into these artificially cultivated varieties so a regular pair will do for me lol. I think an Orange paired with a Darwin looks great.
IME, wild caught clowns don’t do well as they are commonly caught with cyanide. So locally. Most of the normal, pure bred types are wild caught. They look fine for quite a few days and then succumb to the poisoning. The aquacultured ones are almost bulletproof. Also the aquacultured ones are pretty much disease free. Usually don’t need to worry about parasites like brook.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. That’s good to know. I have no plan to buy wild Clowns. Which other species in the trade are commonly caught using cyanide and which ones are generally safe?

Sucks they don’t CB the pure ones frequently. Right across the border my LFS does get in CB stock, just regular Ocellaris and the Darwins, sometimes Clarkiis and Maroons (including GSMs) and Skunk Clowns and Tomato Clowns too.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back